Ratings for Dr. Jacob H. Heyman

Dr. Heyman is great! He makes all your worries go away and answers all your questions. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Not only handled planning when I needed surgery, but also prepared all the insurance notifications I needed. Even spoke to the insurance company again when they said I didn't inform them I needed anesthesia for my surgery (which they were informed about - apparently I was going to have a tumor removed from inside my while fully awake). I get why the other person said he was very perfunctory/flat, but I also liked that. He'd give my checkup, as how I'm feeling, tell me the next step/steps I'd be taking pre surgery and post surgery, and all that. I liked that he gave just facts and didn't try to over do it when it came to expressing the situation I was experiencing (although since it was testicular cancer, he did mention Lance Armstrong, and I hate it when doctors do that - otherwise he was great!).

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

My experience seems to have been somewhat different from the other raters. I found the Dr. to be rather "flat" and perfunctory. The procedure was not made any better, nor worse because of the practitioner. His office staff was not that helpful either. I suppose one could get better service elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007

I first went to see Dr. Heyman because I was having frequent pain and had seen other doctors who were not helpful. Dr. Heyman listened to my history and paid so much attention to how I was feeling. He has since become my absolute favorite physician and I call him with questions about my health regularly. He is very easy to reach and is available for emergencies on nights and weekends. His office staff is also excellent. They are not your average group of rude, gossipy women. Dr. Heyman has always taken me at my appointment time and comes out personally to receive his patients. He has also never left me sitting on a cold examination table in a room by myself like so many doctors do. Overall, Dr. Heyman is a true professional who always goes the extra mile to be as knowledgable, gentle and caring as possible. For these reasons, I actually look forward to my appointmens with him and would recommend his care to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2006

Dr. Jacob H. Heyman's Credentials

• Dutch

• Technion-Israel Inst Of Tech, Fac Of Med, Haifa, Israel (Grad. 1975)

• Blue Cross Medicare Select