Ratings for Dr. Ma Theresa Marquez

Dr Marquez is an excellent physician, depth of knowledge in general medicine, diabetes, and weight management, and gut problems.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

This doctor and her staff are so unhelpful. She never responds to emails or calls, only her very rude nurses. Poor communication and it leaves you feeling very frustrated.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I am a new resident in Manchester looking for a primary care physician. Dr. Marquez fails in physician/ patient communication. When I explained my medical history she labelled a MRSA Empyema I suffered nine years ago "unfortunate" and repeatedly asked me about risk factors which made me feel responsible for having had the illness. I felt like a plague survivor and that this doctor was wary of me as a patient who once had an infectious disease. Beyond that, I have an anxiety disorder and have take Ativan for 9 years since having MRSA in my lung. Dr. Marquez said the drug was used for "putting out fires." She was unwilling to prescribe the drug. Her suggestions were to contact mental health services for therapy, to take an SSRI (which she seemed willing to prescribe another drug) and finally to seek emergency treatment if I needed my script filled. The idea of taking an SSRI seemed lame- perhaps it is the prevailing wisdom in this practice to deem one type of drug superior to another? I found myself saying, "I am not seeking drugs." The appointment had truly gone from bad to worse. I took a good look at Dr. Marquez and realized she was not up to the task of doctoring me- at 57 years of age, in good health, with literally a few warts, overweight and suffering from anxiety. This doc was not up to my standard of how a good physician should behave. I made a decision to terminate the appointment. Perhaps this was a first for Dr. Marquez; she was clueless and asked why I did not wish to have her as my physician. I as started to explain my point of view she interrupted, telling me again what my options were. Thanks, but no Dr. Marquez.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015