Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Stempel

Dr. Lawrence stempel was an amazing OB he helped me so much at the time he didn't typically take medicaid patients but I was only 21 and already having complications he felt he could help me and he really did I remember throughout the pregnancy him jokingly telling me to name my son after him.. I always said no ironically I ended up naming my son Bradley lawrence Schul after my son's dad Brian lawrence schul of course Dr stempel insisted it was after him... lol During my pregnancy I ended up having gestational diabetes and preeclampsia at the end I was induced rushed from his office to delivery at 36 weeks on tons of meds they had to get the baby out my BP was in high 200's doctor Stempel told them to do whatever I wanted to keep me happy! When it was time for baby and I was ready to push he was dancing at the foot of my bed doing a hamster dance singing ah just push it push it real good, then we're having a baby we're having a baby I said no I'm having a baby you're dancing then he ran out of the room oooh lordy what's he doing now he grabbed a mirror ran back in said look there's the baby!!! I said I don't want to see that he kept saying all playfully look look there it is.... lol Oh my goodness you silly man today on jun,5 2017 I'm living in Tampa pregnant again high risk was calling doctor stempel to find out details about my last then found out of his passing and cried my eyes out. R.i.p you will be forever remembered

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. Lawrence Stemple died July 5, 2011 On that day my hart broke. I met Dr. Stemple when I was 16 years old and I was rushed to the hospital and couldn't stop bleeding. I was being told I was losing to much blood fast and the Dr at the Er at the time couldn't stop it as well. As fast as lighting Dr. Stemple rushed into the room and saved my life. He was my Doctor ever since. Even tho I was young I always stayed with Dr. Stemple I would even g see him if I had an ear infection. Just so I could stop in and say hi. He was a wonderful person and always gave the best advice. When I was 26 I gave birth to a beautiful little girl and he was by my side. My hole family was in the room abut 15 people even my Dad. When I started to bleed and past out. Dr. Stemple quickly went into action he held the bleed down and clamped me down to the table and never gave up on me. He was the best Doctor I have ever known. I miss his smile and I've never seen a man so dedicated. It's been now about 4 year since he's past and every time I think about him I cry. Dr. Stemple Thank you for everything you ever did for me to help me. My husband and I still talk about you for time to time and laugh. I wanted to Thank you for everything and the time you gave us you truly are an amazing man.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Stempel was an amazing man. For the rest of my life I will never be more thankful to him and his wonderful staff for saving my life.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

The staff is rude and has been rude on multiple occasions. I called them in severe pain with a bladder infection. The secretary asked me if I was pregnant and when I told her I wasn't she said I had to go to my general physician and that they wouldn't help me. I left several messages for Donna who never called me back. She says she never got them. What a crock of****. I am a health care provider myself and would never even think of treating my patients with such disrespect. Hopefully he retires soon.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

Rushed through my visit after an extensive wait. Seriously only spent a total of 5 minutes with me and even though he was supposed to be checking my baby's heart rate, he only listened for a total of 3 seconds and when I asked if he could do it longer he said no and then bragged about refusing to do it to his staff-RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND AND I! I can't believe that I drove 50 minutes to see someone who made me feel like he had better things to do.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Doctor Stempel delivered my first daughter and I am seeing him again for my second pregnancy. Laura is fabulous!! Terrific staff all around! :)

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

AWSOME DOCTOR, A FRIEND RECOMENDED, IT WAS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND BABY AND I WILL USE HIS SERVICES FOR THE NEXT ONE! DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Knowledgeable but rude. Showed no compassion during painful examination. Need surgery but would not let this doctor touch me again.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

I was treated by Dr.Stemple due to a miscarriage. He was great when i spoke to him over the phone in the ER and then again the morning of the surgery. He would have done the surgery the same day but i ate crackers and it would not be safe to go into surgery. I am his cracker girl =). But the next morning i was suppose to get surgery done by 11 am and got bumped to 7am which was great. I love him he was a great doctor.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

I was a new patient and called for a consultation I was pleased to hear the Doctor could see me in just a couple of days. When I arrived I only waited a short time, the staff was extremely friendly and I was very impressed with the doctor himself. He took the time to tald to me and explain to me about the procedure I was going to have done. He was very comforting, caring, funny and knowledgeable. His staff was exactly like him, you know what they say "Birds of a feather flock together" I feel confident with Dr. Stempel and his staff and I would tell every one to see him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr. Lawrence Stempel's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1988)

UPMC