Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Sossenheimer

He's a great doc, competent and has a great sense of humor. Sadly he left my insurance network to teach at the medical school. However I like my new GI doc too although he's more serious

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Had an excellent experience at IMC outpatient facility . Everyone was kind and efficient. Dr. Sossenheimer puts you at ease and has a great sense of humor. A great doctor and I would recommend him to others. Everything went well and I was home within 2 hrs. after my appt.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Sossenheimer truly cares about his patients. I like how he takes the time to discuss different treatment options to me and then asks for my input. I am very sad and disappoited that he is leaving the IHC network. I am very disappointed in IHC as I know there are various negotiations that occur with a hospital and a doctor. I am sad that IHC wouldn't want to have the best gastro doctor in their network. I will likely follow as long as I can maintain the additional expense to go out of my network. I can't thank Dr. Sossenheimer enough for his care, concern and assistance with managing my very complex case.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I very much appreciated the fact that Dr. Sossenheimer is always current on my specific GI issue. I valued the medical advice that he dispensed with a good dose of humor.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Very professional. Great staff helped place me at ease and the procedure went quickly. Dr Sossenheimer was personable and provided excellent care and information about what would take place.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I arrived on time for my appointment. The check in process was efficient and I was called into the preparation area in a very timely manner. The staff who took information and prepared me for the procedure had a professional but personable attitude. When taken to the procedure area, Dr. Sossenheimer had a pleasant conversation with me, assuring that I understood what procedure would be done and why. I woke up in recovery with my husband there and was treated in a concerned fashion to make sure I was able to sit up and get dressed. The wait for the Dr. interview was not very long and Dr. Sossenheimer explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and answered all my questions. The followup call next morning was appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr Sossenheimer is so great to speak with. He has honest options good or bad and always validates your questions. He doesn\'t speak above ones head and will even go the extra mile to call another dr. for a brief option.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I LOVE Dr Sossenheimer and his staff at Utah Gastroenterology. They are the absolute best to work with. I recommend to those who need this type of service.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Sossenheimer is the best!!! Thoughtful, listens, and explains with respect to the patient. The staff is helpful and friendly. Returns calls and keeps the patient informed. One of the best groups I have worked with and expect to continue to work with as needed. So thankful for the concern and care given.Debra Cheney

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I have been to this facility several times. It is always easy to schedule my appointment. I never have very long to wait in the pleasant waiting room. When called back to the preparation area, I have concerned care and my privacy is respected at all times. Procedures are well explained and the time isn't too long. In the procedure room, the staff is gentle and very nice. Dr Sossenheimer always asks me to explain to him why I am there and what we are going to do, so that he can be sure I know and understand the procedure. He has an amazing bedside manner and is very reassuring. In the recovery room, I am tended and cared for and soon find my way to a comfortable place, with my husband, to await the information from the procedure. Dr. Sossenheimer appears in a reasonable time and takes whatever time is necessary to make sure I understand what he found and how we will proceed from that point. He confirms when I need to return and what care I should take in the meantime. The following morning, I receive a call to make sure that I am not having any negative reactions. As a retired teacher who was responsible for assessing workplace situations for my students to earn graduation credits, I could not ask for a more positive environment for learning. I am thankful to all those involved.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr. Michael J. Sossenheimer's Credentials

• Univ Heidelberg, Fak Cli Med, Mannheim, Germany (Grad. 1989)

UnitedHealthcare