Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Mason

Amy L in the last week Dr. Mason proceeded with root canal on a tooth which had all negative results on his testing. He charged an exorbitant amount of money for use of nitrous oxide. Dr. insisted on use of an "oral dam" in spite of my pleading not to use it. As a result, I experienced 6 months of lock jaw. I incurred great cost, time and travel in treatment by a chiropractor specializing in lock jaw treatment. His shoddy work in placing temporary filling, in conjunction with my inability to obtain further treatment for months, lead to loss of the tooth. I suffered much pain, loss of work, and great 'out of pocket' expense to end up losing the tooth unnecessarily. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I went here for a root canal UGH I was greeted with the friendliest staff and my uncomfortable procedure was made so much better, they have a massage chair and you get to watch your choice of programs on the portable eyewear Loved it want one. The root canal seem to be less uncomfortable than those I have had in the past as well.To top if off the dentist called and left me a message to see how I was doing and to call if I needed anything! I have only had a handful of dentist do this, great customer service. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

It started with receptionist, although, I cannot blame her solely for going by the DR's "Policies". I was referred by my dentist to this clinic, I wanted to know what my co-pay charges would be.That question seemed to really bother the receptionist. She stated she would call me back and although I was on my way to the office she said Not to come in until she had time to contact my insurance. She called back later and stated copay was $45, I has already spoken w/my insurance and knew the copay would be $0. I asked why and she said "because it's our policy to administer a test that is not covered by your ins.-I asked what the test was for,I was told "to find out if you need a root canal", I was REFERED TO HAVE A ROOTCANAL. Then all of a sudden she said "ok we wont bill you but well still bill your ins. b/c it has to be done. then I stated I would pay w/care credit, she said they would charge me $400 min. to pay w/carecredit (against their contract) BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD OF A DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

1. I had tooth problems which required root canal treatments. Dr. Mason successfully performed three root canal surgeries on me. Initially I was introduced to Dr. Mason by my general dentist who sent me to Dr. Mason’s for my first root canal surgery. The second and the third time, I directly called Dr. Mason's due to my severe tooth ache over the weekend. I called the office on a Monday morning, and the staff (Cheryl) took me in on the same morning I called, and after exams, scheduled me in as early as possible for surgeries on both occasions! To me, this was very impressive. They have a great team starting with Dr. Mason, Cheryl, Kara, and Sarah. 2. I’d like to share my experience with those who might search for the right Endodonitist and be able to use my positive experience in formulating his/her decision. I decided to write my experience to show my appreciation to Dr. Mason and his staff members and to those who might need a little help in finding the right Endodontist.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014