Ratings for Dr. Lawrence W. Mysliwiec

He may be the best spine specialist in the area, but I have NOTHING good to say about him. I had MRI results and xrays and then the receptionist said I was REQUIRED to have more xrays on site. All I can hear is 'ching-ching' yet am hopeful as a couple of them were angles that hadn't been done before. I filled out all their paperwork and sent it in BEFORE my appt. giving him a heads up to my problem. I put all the x-p-s pain symbols down my left let on 2 sets of paperwork.I have been suffering from sciatic pain and haven't been able to sit more than 10-12 minutes since last Aug. The pain totally makes my life miserable. I was so hopeful he could do something, yet what I got from him was "So where does your BACK hurt?" I told him it didn't that it was my left leg nerves. He almost just dismissed me by saying, "I can't do anything for you" He never even suggested another option or doctor. If my husband had not been there to rein in this redhead's fury, you could have heard me miles away. SO, no recommendation from ME. No manners, no office listening and just totally a waste of my time and money. Obviously he didn't improve from the rating below in 2011. Still searching for help.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

He is very good at performing a nerve block and facet blocks but can't handle failure. He is rude and clearly doesn't want to spend any time with patient. He comes in the room and stands with one foot in the hallway and one foot in the room to say there's not enough pain for do any further treatments on me. He completely disregarded the results of the MRIs, the Cat Scans and read only the conclusion typed by an MRI operator. I went to a neurosurgeon who said I have severe stenosis and scheduled me for a laminectomy immediately. My nerves were all clumped together and Dr. Mysliwiec said he didn't think I had enough wrong with me to warrant any further treatments. He clearly did not care about the patient. The neurosurgeon said that the pain I am in would render an athlete unable to perform and even they would be in pain. I will not go back to this doctor again and will not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. Lawrence W. Mysliwiec's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1975)