Ratings for Dr. Robert K. Matlack

doesn 't Care how much the meds cost you. But his specialty is bipolar. So 95% of his patients are pushed into that even if you have diff diagnose for a other doctor. He never talks to you, He talks at you. Fills you full of dangerous anti psychotic drugs. He will never talk to you like most will. He is very full of himself. never listens to what you might have to say. I'll leave it at that.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Very rude staff, difficult to deal with. There are much better doctors in the area, would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Staff has terrible attitude. Both the staff and Dr are difficule to deal with. Dr. Matlack is quick to perscribe high doses of powerful drugs, to children ywho are too young for them and for unapproved purposes - all wthout trying safer approaches first. The two Drs who I took my child to for a 'second' (and third) opinoin were very disapproving and concerned about the 'treatment' my child received. - all without a supporting diagnosis.; My child was weaned off the strong drugs ((drugs that have a high incidence of serious long-term side effects) and is so much better-off now. There are much better and safer doctors available - do your child a favor and go to one of them instead.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I've seen Dr. Matlack for about eight years, and he is very knowledgable and friendly. When was younger he spoke directly to me and did not speak with my parents (which is just as important as the outer perspective) until after speaking with myself first. He took in to consideration what they said, but also kept in mind how I felt. I switched providers because I became stable enough with Dr. Matlack and was comfortable switching with no intention on switching medication. The Dr. I see now, Dr. Tom, also practices at Fay. Psychiatric. She is not half as experienced as Dr. Matlack and is actually quite abrasive and judgemental, so if you are looking to switch from him DO NOT SWITCH TO HER (Dr. Tom - Red Clinic) you go there to get help, and Matlack will help you.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

This man had my 5 yr old on 40 mg of Geodon daily, when the hospital only gives ADULTS 20mg. He effectively overdosed my son and could have given him brain damage or even killed him. I would not refer anyone I know to this man and I will be getting into touch with some lawyers! Keep your children away from him for their own safety!!!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Dr. Matlack helped much with our son and we had a good experience. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

I will be reporting this dr to the board. He treated my two sons without speaking with me (I have custody of the boys) without speaking to the boys Primary Care Doctor and only treated them from what there mother says who sees them two months out of the year

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Poor attitudes in staff, Dr. very difficult to deal with, nickles and dimes with every visit.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

flag | Submitted March 23, 2006

Dr. Robert K. Matlack's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)