Ratings for Dr. David G. Chandran

Horrible Doctor! Absolutely Horrible ! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to him that's how bad he is. Everyone of his patients gets scheduled at 6pm and then you are seen on a first come first serve basis. He views all patients as if they are DRUG ADDICTS and will treat you that way. He will prescribe medicine to you and you will wind up high as a kite or sleeping all day and night. and lord if you tell him that you dont think a certain medicine isnt working or that hey look i had surgery and i was prescribed a pain killer for it oh no you cant take that he WILL PEE TEST YOU AND SWAB YOUR MOUTH! If you refuse to abide by that he will tell you that he will kick you to the curb!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Like many of his patients I was deemed bipolar within 10 minutes. My evaluation for chronic stress 3 years prior that determined I was not bipolar by a different psychiatrist ( two 50 minute sessions) was wrong according to him. He doesn't listen well. He does not explain diagnosis. He over-dramatized bipolar suicides and homicides to attempt to scare me into compliance with meds. He was an hour late one Saturday morning and walked through a waiting room of patients without apology or acknowledgement. I began addressing underlying causes of stress and have been quite fine without the meds he said I would need for the rest of my life. Other reviews indicate an ongoing pattern of consistent bipolar diagnosis and prescribing lithium.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

He answered phone calls (one point speaking for 20 minutes while I was with him) and cut me off while I spoke. I don't trust the diagnosis of such an unprofessional and seemingly uncaring individual. Maybe it works for some.But ppersonally I think he's ripping people off and hurting more than he is helping.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

and he treated me like crap ur not going to look like a supermodel and ur doctor doesnt know anything i was not expecting to get treated like that if im there for a tummy tuck it was because i wanted something fixed and he doesnt understand and i believe the surgin u pick is suppose to support what u are doing not try and stop u. and u are suppose to be able to trust them and he is not trust worthly at all.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I think the doctor has helped me alot, At first i didn't think the medicine helped at all so i actually stoped taking it after i stoped i was very mean again expecially to the one's i love alot. Give yourself time and dont give up. he trys to do what he can and he will help!!!! thanks dr

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

He must not know what he is doing. A Patient on a meth program should not be prescribed Pills that could cause death. He is doing that know. He should be happy he is killing a user

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I started working with Dr Chandran after a 2nd suicide attempt which a previous Doc had missed coming (had caused by removing mood stabilizers). Dr Chandran was able to see my mood variances and treat them to stability within a month. He has kept me in good shape for the past 7 years. Most of the disgruntled below have no understanding of their ailments or of the long time it takes for psychiatric drug to have full effect (up to 6 weeks). Give the "zombie" a chance to equalize a few weeks and do some research. Regarding the tumors found in another patient below, your primary care physician should have referred your son to a neurologist after his/her evaluation.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

I saw Dr. Chandran very few times. He immediately took me off my SSRI and put me on Wellbutrin. It helped, but he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. After I had established a great mood level, he put me on Lithium. I then came crashing down. I'm diagnosed with depression, and when I checked Lithium is prescribed for bi-polar disorders. Not once did he order bloodwork while I was on Lithium, and Lithium can become toxic very quickly. His appointments are pretty in-and-out. I'm looking into new help.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. David G. Chandran's Credentials

• Kurnool Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Kurnool, Ap, India (Grad. 1975)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal