Ratings for Dr. Keith L. Black

Dr. Black reviewed my husbands MRI's and recommended surgery. He accepted him for transfer from upstate NY on an ICU Medijet that costs us $34,000.00. My husband was given meds on the flight that caused him to become unresponsive. Dr. Black then changed his mind on the surgery and refused to see my husband again even when he woke up. He is rude, arrogant and it's all about the money. I then flew my husband home costing another $30,000.00. This guy is nothing but a "hollywood star". run as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Our 21 year-old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor in late September 2017. The next day, our surgeon friend helped us reach out to three hospitals/surgeons across the U.S. for treatment. Dr. Black's team responded the same day. They have been personal, professional and knowledgable. Dr. Black is an intensely intelligent yet equally caring doctor who performed a successful craniotomy on our son one week after diagnosis. We continue to fly to LA for treatments and feel blessed to be among the many families whose lives have been touched by this incredible surgeon and his team. We thank God for Dr. Black!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Keith L. Black, MD saved our son's life in March of 2017. We only went to see him for a second opinion. The next morning we received a call that he wanted to perform our son's life saving surgery. We feel so blessed as a family that Dr. Black wanted to perform such a life saving procedure for our son. Our 22 year old son had a tumor the size of a plum in the right ventricle of the brain. The 6 hour surgery was a success and our son recovered so quickly that he was back at work in three short weeks. Dr. Black is so knowledgeable and an expert at his profession. Our son did not need any pain medication since the surgery and feels fantastic :

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Black's and I knew the first few moments after meeting him that he would be the neurosurgeon I trusted to do my surgery. Even when I had a recurrence, I went back to him for a treatment recommendation. I have nothing but the highest regard for him and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Dr. Black truly cares about his patients. His surgical preparation and surgical technique is excellent in removing as much possible or all of the tumor without the brain realizing he was there. Once the surgery is done, he help you find ways to keep regrowth under control. Thank you Dr. Black.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

If you have a pineal cyst/tumor do not waste your time or money. He asks for cash up front because he does not bill insurance (but they lead you to believe they do). He is not humble or kind but rather arrogant, rude, derogatory and haughty. Dr. Black will belittle you and take your $200-250.00 cash for the 5 minutes it takes (and 30 min. late) to tell you how stupid you are in front of his intern. It is clear that money and power are his top priorities. I encourage you to get an appointment with Dr. Dong Kim, in Houston, Texas. He's kind, respectful, thorough, attentive and skilled in medicine and in his doctor-patient relationships.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

My family member recently had surgery with Dr. Black at Cedars. He resected multiple tumors in the brain and the outcome is terrible. The patient's condition only got much worse. What's really frustrating is that every time we talk to him, he keeps repeating generic response and doesn't bother giving you detailed explanation. He doesn't take insurance so we had to pay him cash, about $35,000 estimated. And his opinion keeps changing before and after surgery.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Dr Black is awesome. He removed from me a meningioma as large of a tennis ball in a very delicate part of the brain in 2002. He was the only neurosurgeon that didn't have any concern and gave me all the confidence that I needed to go to surgery right away. After 10 years of perfect normal life, the MRI shows another brain tumor larger than an egg and, even that he's not belong to Blue cross anymore, I didn't hesitate to go to him for a second time. Two difficult surgeries, both craneotomies, both resulting in replacing part of the skull with titanium plates. Thanks to Dr Black I'll be able in May, to walk my only daughter down the aisle. He save my life twice. He's is an angel from God. By the way, I got my second surgery last month, spent only one night at the hospital, and back to work in less than 10 days. Thank you Dr Black, my whole family is very grateful to you. I recommend anybody to Dr Black. You are awesome. You can contact me .Daniel 714-809-1325. God bless Dr Black.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I got brain tumor and found Dr Black through research on the web.He and Dr Ray Chu did successfully the surgery on me and 97% of my tumor was removed without any effect on my normal physical and mental ability. That was amazing. I and my family were very grateful of him and the staff of Cedars Sinai Hospital. I didn't encounter any negative experience as some other claimed and I don't believe in that. Besides, he didn't concern about making money at all by telling me not to worry about payment even though he didn't join any Insurance . I believe his mission is only to cure, to save life do research and sharpen his god-given skill to serve people.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Saw him a few years ago for a consultation and found him to be arrogant and rude. I'd read much about his expertise but was very unimpressed by his demeanor so I went elsewhere for my surgery which went very well.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Keith L. Black's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1981)