Ratings for Dr. Perry N. Fishkind

I've been going to Old Tappan since I was born, I'm now 21. I normally see Dr. Rothenberg, or Dr. DeAngelo if the former is not available. Unfortunately I got sick on a weekend and my next free day wouldn't be till Tuesday. I wasn't going to be able to handle both school and work will sick, so I had no choice. I've have allergies that go directly to horrible sinus infections, normally coupled with a throat infection, in under 48 hours. It has been this way for over a decade, so I know exactly how to make it go away. Just give me my Antibiotics and we're good to go. Whenever I see Rothenberg she checks me for strep, gives me the drugs once it comes up negative, and I go on my merry way. Not even close to the case with Fishkind. First and foremost, I spent 20 minutes in the exam room waiting on him. My actual appointment started 40 minutes late and I was only in there with him for seven minutes, tops! The first concern I brought up with him was that there was blood in my mucus, to which he responded: "That happens to people who have long finger nails." The fact that he suggested I picked my nose coupled with the fact that he didn't answer my question, floored me. I told him that I was put on antibiotics about two months ago, but it didn't fully get rid of the infection. He said I shouldn't have been put on them in the first place and that Dr. Rothenberg had been wrong. This guy seems to be very against antibiotics, if my appointment and the one next door that I over heard had anything to say on the matter. Instead he told me to go on an allergy medication and nasal spray, and of course didn't listen when I told him that the one he suggested (allegra) doesn't work for me. I've been dealing with this for over a decade, I know what works for me! But at this point I was so done that I just figured I'd give it a shot. Not even a week later I'm worse than ever and had to make a same day appointment with an ENT, who told me I had a sinus, throat, and ear infections. He put me on some antibiotics and a few days later I actually didn't feel like the walking dead. Don't go to this guy if your kid is actually sick. I'm just upset that my last appointment at Old Tappan Pediatrics ended on such a sour note. Avoid this guy at all costs! Take them to Dr. Rothenberg or Dr. DeAngelo, but not this clown!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Condescending, rude, unhelpful, makes stupid jokes to serious questions, he rolled his eyes when I asked a serious question. We left the practice just to not deal with him again after 4 visits when should have left after the 2nd.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Great with my kids, reassuring to me. I've used him for years.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

The medical group, other doctors and staff are very good, but I do not think Dr. Fishkind should be with this parctice. He is not good with children. Most pediatrictions joke with kids or employ the parent to get them to cooperate, but instead he threatens to shove a stick down thier throat if the don't open their mouth or pinches their noses so they can't breath. When your child starts crying, following comments usually suggest you spoil your child and that is why they are not doing what he wants, not beacuse of the obvious reason that they are sick and as far as they are concerned he just assulted and threatened them. I wish there were more questions to rate by because 3 stars is too high. I've unfortunately have had him see my child a few times for sick visits and not once was he pleasant about anything. I am staying with the group, but I'd rather take my kid to the ER than deal with him again.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

Dr. Perry N. Fishkind's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1993)

HealthPartners