Ratings for Dr. Henry T. Mixon

Dr. Mixon has treated me for colitis and IBS over a period of years. I have always found him to be knowledgeable. He is courteous and caring.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I have weeks left before my scheduled appointment, and my symptoms have gotten worse. I became concerned, and paged the on call doctor, which appears to be Dr. Henry Mixon. I had never talked to this doctor before, and the call was very brief, and he did not know my history before this call. He never asked what my symptoms were, or to rate the pain. His only advice was that he would try to squeeze me in this week, and got off the phone with me as quickly as possible. He referenced several times on the call that I was interrupting him on a Sunday. I gave him one more chance when I realized that he never gave me any advice on my diet or any other ideas to relieve the pain. I had him paged again. He told me that he was wrong in his diagnosis the first call, and to go to the emergency room. He said "My clinic is not a walk in clinic per se, so I can't guarantee you anything", when I asked him if he would try to have me seen the next day.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

The Doctor was not helpful at all in treating my illness. Did not suggest or give any treatment, only did tests. No follow up for 4 months...will not return.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Henry T. Mixon's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Wellpoint