Ratings for Dr. Michael S. McGuire

The doctor and his staff are very knowledgable and able to answer any questions from my wife and I. He completed a very clean knee replacement with no complications from the surgery. The hardest part of the whole process was the physical therapy afterwards, and you have to do the physical therapy if you want things to work later. I could not be happier with my outcome and the support from Dr. McGuire and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Dr. Michael McGuire diagnosed me with three tears in a knee. After an MRI in his own facility, he did laparoscopy surgery, My pain continued, as bad as before the surgery. He said if this continued I would need a knee replacement. My primary Dr. sent me for another MRI and lo and behold! I still had a bucket handle tear on the outer part of my knee.! Dr. McGuire had only repaired the inner miniscus tear and the tear under my knee cap. He HAD NOT repaired the tear in my outer knee! How convenient and how clever of this doctor to try and guarantee himself a knee replacement surgery!! BEWARE - Do NOT go to Michael McGuire. I then went to another orthopaedic surgeon recommended by my primary physician for ANOTHER surgery!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Has done several procedures for me and family members.We are all extremly happy!Very caring and compassionate.Professional but friendly at the same time.Very knowledgeable on all aspects and new procedures.Would,and do recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

I had a hip replacement by Dr. McGuire and developed an infection in the surgical area. It turned out to be MRSA. I ended up with 4 more surgeries to get rid of the infection & replace parts of the hip appliance. He came nearly every day (or sent a back-up dpctor) & checked the wound himself, including changing the dressing. Anything I needed was there. He would come sometimes at 9:00 pm after all his surgeries & office hours & still was pleasant & attentive. All of the staff at the hospital where I was had nothing but good things to say about him as a doctor. This MRSA infection has gone for almost 3 months & he is still there. I live in NM & there arent too many orthopedic surgeons in the area & I feel he is certainly very good in his profession

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Waited for 2 hours for him while I listened to him selling himself to a potential surgery patient. His office misfiled a document and he jumped all over the hospital staff. When I explained what happened he was not interested nor would it seems that he is the kind of doc to apologies to the poor bloke he chewed out so well. Much too arrogant for me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2006

Dr. Michael S. McGuire's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Massachusetts