Ratings for Dr. Michael S. McGuire

Has done several procedures for me and family members.We are all extremly happy!Very caring and compassionate.Professional but friendly at the same time.Very knowledgeable on all aspects and new procedures.Would,and do recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

I had a hip replacement by Dr. McGuire and developed an infection in the surgical area. It turned out to be MRSA. I ended up with 4 more surgeries to get rid of the infection & replace parts of the hip appliance. He came nearly every day (or sent a back-up dpctor) & checked the wound himself, including changing the dressing. Anything I needed was there. He would come sometimes at 9:00 pm after all his surgeries & office hours & still was pleasant & attentive. All of the staff at the hospital where I was had nothing but good things to say about him as a doctor. This MRSA infection has gone for almost 3 months & he is still there. I live in NM & there arent too many orthopedic surgeons in the area & I feel he is certainly very good in his profession

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Waited for 2 hours for him while I listened to him selling himself to a potential surgery patient. His office misfiled a document and he jumped all over the hospital staff. When I explained what happened he was not interested nor would it seems that he is the kind of doc to apologies to the poor bloke he chewed out so well. Much too arrogant for me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2006

Dr. Michael S. McGuire's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois