Ratings for Dr. Jerry Gibbons

I think he puts his own needs before mine. He doesn't seem to hear me when I explain my needs to him. I think there are better Drs. out there.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Saw Dr. Gibbons for 4 yrs. Initially went to KYC bc I had Medicaid (limited choices) & then just stayed.During sessions, he didn't say much/gave little feedback RE: meds. It was always me evaluating/re-evaluating...the meds always seemed to miss the mark. I had tried MANY. He would just tell me its bc I nd therapy or 'that's just your personality'. I suspected I had been misdiagnosed. I tried talking to him about it but he refused to re-evaluate my diagnosis. (I am an educated individual. I have a BA in psych. & I'm a full-time grad. student in a clinical mental health counseling prgrm. I have 5+ yrs experience working at a behavioral health hospital.I know a thing or 2!)He was SUPER rude to me, basically told me to find another Dr. & told me I'm just impatient & I nd mood stabilizers. He just -short of- kicked me out of his office. I left & scheduled myself for psych. testing to determine a correct diagnosis. Turns out I was right! AND I was right about WHAT my CORRECT diagnosis was!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Jerry Gibbons's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1994)

Assurant