Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Tost

Dr. Gary Tost was wonderful. It was the insurance person/receptionist that has made me so uncomfortable I will not call or go back there. unfortunately there is no way of even contacting the Doctor without going through this person. They are a 3 person team. The insurance/receptionist was very rude/condescending/nasty. The Technician gave me a pamphlet of color contacts which I picked what I liked from and she wrote me the script. later it was discovered that the brand I chose was discontinued and she said that I told her to write the script for that- which yes I did, but I dont know what's discontinued!! and apparently she doesnt either. I guess that was my fault? The receptionist/insurance "specialist" repeatedly told me my insurance doesnt cover color contacts which I know. however i can use whats left of my allowance, or pay out of pocket. she couldnt give me a price without ins. when I said I'll take the prescription elsewhere, she ordered them. I'm not going back.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Gary L. Tost's Credentials

• Southern California College Of Optometry (Grad. 1981)