Ratings for Dr. Jo Ann Hornsby

I saw Dr. Hornsby year ago about painful joints that would visibly swell. Dr. Hornsby assured me that all I was describing was simply my imagination. I was 45 years old. This woman was so condescending and rude; she dismissed my complaints with questions about why I might be seeking "attention." For extra insult, she sent her nurse with a Vioxx paperclip in a bag she referred to as a "little purse," extended as a "gift" to help "cheer me up." The nurse said her last instructions was, "See how she likes THAT." I was flat in tears; belittled and humiliated. I would not go back to this office unless it would be to press charges. The rest of the staff and facility are top-notch, but as long as Joann Hornsby is at WVU rhuematology clinic, I will not be participating. I am being treated in Charleston for Psoriatic Arthritis, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and DISH. I am treated with respect in a team approach with my doctor and staff, in which I am part of the team. My doc rocks!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

its been along time that i have been to a dr who will actually listen to me and answer all my questions. hands down the best ive seen for my RA.i drive for 3hours one way to see her and i would recommend her to anyone suffering from RA.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

I was very impressed by Dr. Hornsby. She is warm and easy to talk to. She is the best I have ever seen for my arthritis. I recommend her to anyone who is suffering.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Jo Ann Hornsby's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med