Ratings for Dr. Guillermo Hernandez

Have been here a couple of times and felt very un comfortable, I walked out feeling belittled. At all appointments he brought up to my attention that I have Medicaid, and at a physical appt I was trying to mention an area of concern that I was experiencing but was quick to stop me and tell me Medicaid was only covering the exam and any other area I had a problem with would have to be a seperate appointment. But isn't that what the physical exam is for? At a different appt he walked in saying Medicaid ins was ridiculous, then we proceeded to my emergency visit he said he had other patients who had real emergencies and to schedule a regular appointment. I felt stupid. Very un pleased and in the process of finding a different physician.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Felt as if I was a number. From walking in with the mono tone receptionist, to the Dr visit in the back. The Dr was rushed and made me feel un comfortable, and made it clear that medicaid patients were a fuss.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Told my husband he was a diabetic for 3 years. Also Dr. was more worried about money and his retirement than taking care of patients. Went to another Dr. and found out he wasn't a diabetic.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

While Dr Hernandez is knowledgeable, and at one time offered good medical advice and service, over the years the latter has declined, with his concerns about costs and profitability increasingly intruding into appointment visits, as well as the the time spent with the patient decreasing more and more, with an unwillingness to discuss other than the primary reason for one's visit without scheduling another appointment. There is also a tendency at times towards arrogance and punctilious behavior that over time becomes irritating if not offensive. Therefore I have dropped him as my physician and can no longer recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

Great doctor, "stays in the room with you" (full attention) extremely through and will not hesitate to refer you to a specialist when needed. I love the guy.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

He is the best doctor in Las Cruces! The fact that he still practices in such a litigious environment is amazing.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

I would NOT recommend this practice I just had the worst experience with Dr. Hernandez office. You put your trust into the medical staff to give the best medical attention possible I was not given that. I WOULD NOT TRUST HIM NOR HIS STAFF!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Spent his time with me and my wife during his visit and explained my illness well.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

This Doctor is very good he takes time to discuss things with you and I find that he has alot of patience with children. The staff always works us in if someone becomes ill all of the sudden. We may have to wait a little longer than usually but that should be expected since it is not an actual scheduled apointment. Dr. Hernandez is a really great doctor and I have alot of respect for him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2007

Dr. Guillermo Hernandez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1978)

UnitedHealthcare