Ratings for Dr. John M. Galant

I was baited into the office by Dr. Galant himself. I called to ask if they accept Aetna - after a few times of calling Dr Galant called me back and said 'yes and no', but if I would come in to the appointment and he would not charge me if they didn't accept Aetna. After I arrived the receptionist seemed clear on that fact that they do NOT accept Aetna. Even after I explained I spoke to Dr Galant, I was refused service unless billed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr Galant treated my mother on several occasions, both in hospital, the nursing home and then when she was on hospice at home. He arrived on time, was always very courteous, professional and answered all her questions about her various feet/toe issues. He made sure to cause as little discomfort to her as possible and, most important, knew what he was doing.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I came to doctor galant for a pain I get in my ankle. I specifically told him I get a pain every now and then being on my feet all day. I know my body and what can help. He refused to listen. Prescribed me several medications that we're not helpful.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

had massive blood blisters on both my feet that were not only painful but painful to look at. was referred by my regular physician to him. cut my blisters out as painlessly as he could and proceeded to right me prescriptions to not only ease my pain but also fix my problem quickly. overall a great experience. a little pricey (but that's probably my insurance) for a regular appt. loaned me a pair of crutches to get around on. very helpful to contact during an emergency and also helped me find a less expensive medication option when my insurance wouldn't cover one.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

This doc saw me as a referral from (suppose to be doc) I came to him with a 3cc hole in my foot & was told by him to stop all antibiotic medication that I was given by the "suppose to be doc" he X-ray'd my foot & say that I had screws from the other " suppose to be doc" I asked him to take it out & he said it was fine. While the pain was UNBEARABLE & the foot was OOZING GREEN PUS & SMELLED, I asked to go to the WOUND CENTER @ Englewood Hospital and he refused to give me a script so that I could get help I then pleaded for a script to have a MRI this was the only thing that he agreed to do while he told me that I will not walk normally again. He refused to give me a surgical shoe even though it was very cold and raining. While under his care I walked around with a DEEP WOUND INFECTION, that had he treated with the proper medication and removed the screws this infection would not have ADVANCED TO CHRONIC OSTEOMYLITIS & now my PERMANENT DISABILITY OF RSD!!! He is NOT A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. John M. Galant's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1991)