Dr. Stephen W. Asher

Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Asher

He has treated my tic disorder for 2 years and has been very caring, honest and reassuring.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

This is not the doctor to go to if you want someone who listens and works to find the real source of your problem. He is arrogant and dismissive.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Dr. Asher is dismissive and doesnt seem to care at all about his patients. I've been suffering with migraines and a persistent headache for years after a small brain bleed and now have pain and tingling in limbs and extreme fatigue and his only conclusion is that I need to make sure my headaches don't come from pain pills which results in constantly going on and off of them. I'm moving onto a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

After being told I need tested with sleep apnea I was sent to Asher. He said he thought I suffered from depression not sleep apnea and prescribed Cymbalta rather than test me. After three years of misery snd having Asher tell me everything was in my head I told my personal physican I could not stand being so tired all the time and getting headaches and wanted off the Cymbalta. She was upset that I had been put on Cymbalta when she had sent me to get tested for sleep apnea. I was then scheduled for the sleep test showing I suffered from SEVERE sleep apnea. Asher could care less what was wrong with me, showed total disinterest in my symtoms but hurridly took my money. He needs to retire!!!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2009

We could never get any answers and just a runaround. He dismissed our concerns and was of no help. I had to go on my own to seek help from other doctors. We got no andwers at all.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

This man was rude, dismissive and told me not to "borrow trouble" when I asked if my husband's REM disorder precluded Parkinson's disease. Four years later my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's after hearing "it's only age" for years and he was only 70, now doing well with another neuro who listens. And yes, the automated answering service will drive anyone nuts. Takes 6 hours to get a callback.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

Dr. Asher is one of those rare doctors who truly hears what you sayand figures things out because it's as important to him as it is to you! I feel like he is my knight in shining armor, as he helped me in 1985, and I'm sure I'm still here today because of him!!! He will always be my hero!! Sincerely, Sue Gassert [Faulkner]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

One of the best docs I've been to. He takes time to discuss what's going on and listens to the patient. My only beef is with the automated telephone system in his office. I have never been able to reach a live person when I've called and callbacks are not particularly prompt.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2006

Very knowledgeable, very helpful and patient in exploring all options. Wonderful about returning calls when a problem occurs.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2006

Very Nice Wonderful Doctore...Nice Dresser/Very Clean Cut.Very Helpful.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2006

Dr. Stephen W. Asher's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1971)