Ratings for Dr. Robert H. Gushard

I've seen Dr. Gushard for an annual exam for my retinal condition for about 10 years. Be prepared to wait. Thankfully, there is a nice waiting room with comfy chairs. But once you see Dr. Gushard, he will explain everything carefully, answer all your questions, and be sure that the course of action is clear. He is 100% professional and I would trust him with any optical procedure.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Gushard is in the top 10 of any doctor I have ever seen, He finds what others miss. You might wait a little longer in the waiting room for him because he takes the time to make sure everyone is comfortable with what he is doing and knows about their conditions-great teacher. I'd rather wait then feel like I'm in a drive-through. I've been to the best in Boston and Dr. Gushard is right up there in expertise and caring (and his office staff from when you walk in , whether the receptionist or woman who takes a pic of my retina, are fantastic). Oh, and with 100's of patients he must have, if you need him later in the evening there is an on-call service of which he is in the rotation (he saved me one night big time on something I had messed up on in my self-care; in less than an hour he made it work with a pharmacy to get me instant meds to stop an infection in its' tracks). I'm sorry to hear of the other person's experience but as a Doctor myself , different field, I know that dropping patients , rare and after much deliberation, does happen for various reasons. I recommend all my patients to Dr. Gushard.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr Gushard is extremely knowledgeable. He has stabilize my glaucoma. My progress is dependent on taking my medicines regularly. Over the last seven years, I have tolerated appointment wait times of over 2 hours. More concerning after missing one appointment in 7 years, Dr. Gushard dropped me as a patient. I have rush to find another doctor because I am cannot be without my medicine.

Submitted March 6, 2014

Dr. Robert H. Gushard's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)