Ratings for Dr. Dorcas A. McLennan

I actually read these reviews before seeing her, but chose to focus on the positive reviews as well as her credentials. Now I really wish I had listened to all the warnings because they were spot on. Dr. McLennan was one of the worst doctors I've ever seen. Her bedside manner was appalling. She was arrogant, rude, and barely let me get a word in. It was very bizarre. I might have put up with it if she were a competent doctor, but she seemed insecure and contradicted herself many times. Needless to say, I do not recommend her. I found a new OB-GYN and my experience with the two was night and day.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I just had my first baby a week ago and Dr. McLennan was the best OB I could have imagined. I have a slight fear of doctors and avoid checkups and hospitals whenever possible but with it being my first pregnancy I knew I had to be tough. Dr. McLennan and her staff eased my fears and took excellent care of me the whole way through. I always felt she was concerned about me but more importantly, he health of my baby and every test/result was explained thoroughly so we never worried unnecessarily. I felt Dr. McLennan was extremely professional and will definitely be keeping her as my OB for our next baby!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

By far the worst OB I have had. I went to her after suffering a bleeding episode in the first trimester with my fourth baby. She was very arrogant with both my husband and I. Not willing to answer questions or hear us out. The delivery was horrible as she kept trying to order more interventions without explanation. Finally, she went off duty and we ended up with Dr. Brown delivering our daughter! He was wonderful...I would highly recommend him as an OB.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Dr Mclennan was my ob for my 4th child.After the delivery I suffered for months having trouble going to the starting and stopping urine, leakage at inconvienet times and difficulty going # 2. I also had red blood everytime I went.I called the office right away and was told this was normal in some cases and continue to do my kegels. I came in at my six week and still had issues. Dr M reccommended I see a GI.All results came back normal.I went back to Dr M she said continue with kegels. I said the problems still persist. She said well things change when we have children especially with so many. I have lived with this disorder for three years I finally went back to the ob who delivered my first child and was diagnosed with a cystocele and rectocele. I want to have the surgurey and move on with my life. I wish I would have gotten a second opinon at the time.I feel this doctor is inexperienced and does not acknowlegd her patients symtoms.I would not reccommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

I saw Dr. McClennan while she was still with Women's and Family Health in Renton when I was pregnant with my son last year. I had had two miscarriages beforehand and was nervous about the pregnancy which required me to take several medications and had been labeled "high-risk." I saw Dr. McClennan many times. She was quick and smart, but I found her bedside manner to be very frustrating. There were several times I was told I was too anxious and that I would likely suffer from postpartum depression. When my husband came to an appt she ignored him completely. Two weeks before my due date she left WFHS and I became a patient of a different doctor. He was so understanding and accepted my anxiety as a first time mom who had had two losses. I couldn't believe how relieved I felt to have a doctor who respected me instead of telling me how neurotic I was. So... Dr. McClennan is not someone I would go back to see.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009

I too am trying to find her, please let me know where she is practing currently. I also want to move to her new practice.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009

She is the Best Dr. that I have ever been to, Personnable, poilte, easy to get to know, and she really cares about you as a person. Now that she has left Women's and Family Health Specialist in Renton I'm trying to find out where she went as I will follow her!! Does any one know?

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

THE BEST OB!!! Dr. McLennan has been my OB for the past 6.5 years. She has always given me great advise & takes the time to really listin to my quesitons. I have recomended her to several friends & they all love her!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Very abrasive, arguementative. Unprofessional. Very knowledgeable but is so unprofessional I will not return. Difficult to obtain test results. I eventually had to see another clinic and have tests repeated just so that I could get the results. A doctor who is not afraid to be belittling and rude.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

Dr. Dorcas A. McLennan's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Renton, WA