Ratings for Dr. James P. Behr

My experience with Dr. Behr was not good. He saw me for the first few visits to take the MRI and X-rays. Because he was not able to pinpoint my problem he tried an epidural. This did not work. The next 3 or 4 visits I saw his nurse practicioner. I have read other reviews where this is common practice for him. She was very sweet but did nothing to help figure out the problem or treatment. On what I made my final visit Dr. Best decided to show back up and treated me like I was wasting his time. He asked me what I was doing to get better. I thought I was coming to him for help. I had spent my time explaining what I was doing to get better to his nurse practicioner the past few visits... Where was he? He acted as if he had been with me this whole time trying to figure out a treatment. When I suggested any ideas he acted as if I were ridiculous. I sat there crying in his office and instead of being compassionate he threw a hissy fit for me daring to ask him a question. He has no bed side manner at all...very cold. I found him to be a total waste of time. If you have a chronic back problem and it isn't something that is a cookie cutter problem don't go to him thinking he will dig in and look for alternate ways to manage pain. Meg Parker

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Karma karma karma karma karma Nicest way I could put my thoughts

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Previously my experience with Dr Behr was good. He helped manage the pain I was having after back surgery. He was quite good with epidurals for my pain. However, as I had occasional trouble sleeping because of the pain, I had a scrip for Norco to use PRN at night.He requested a drug test. I had no problems with taking the test; I had retired from a job that required occasional drug testing. However, I was shocked when I received a claim statement from one of my insurance providers quoting a claim for over $800 for which they would not pay anything. When I queried Dr Behr about this he was not very sympathetic about the charge. I wish I knew what to do.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I am a retired RN. My husband had seen 4 Dr.'s and had multiple X-rays and they kept telling him he had shingles which he had has months before, when he told the docs he previously had the shingles when they took his history, their dx. was he still had shingles because the left side of his back hurt. I knew it was not shingles. I knew something was seriously wrong. I called and made appt. with Dr. Behr whom my husband had seen for rotator cuff and lower back issues. His X-ray showed fx. veterbre My husband suffered and could not lie in bed, he slept sitting up on the couch for 3 months, I will eternally be greatful to Dr. Behr & Dr. Mitchell. My husband will never be the same with an excellent good back, but it is 85% better. These Dr's are not drug pushers. They find the problem and try their best to fix it so pain meds minimally needed or aren't needed at all. God Bless them. The entire staff is super, and worked with us on a payment plan. Could not ask for better health care.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Behr was very professional, knowledgeable, and took his time explaining things (which probably excuses my rating for him being on time). He takes treatment gradually, starting from the least invasive. Great pain Dr.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

He mocks his patients when tey tell him they are n too much pain to work. he`ll send you to back to work only to be sent home again. Waste of time....

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. James P. Behr's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 2004)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Spartanburg, SC