Ratings for Dr. Laura H. Hughes

I have seen her several times. Ever time wait in the waiting room was 45+ min. Ultrasound scheduled for 1 h was done in 20 min. Then again 30+ min wait until seen by doctor. I understand that long waits can happen in a doctors office, but with her it's standard. Actual consultation is very short. Last time done in a dark exam room, felt like she just wanted to get rid off me as fast as possible. Not happy with level of professionalism.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Lied about the actual age of the fetus to me, but not the police, forcing me to miss a vital court date against my harasser in order to have a procedure, only then finding out from that other doctor the actual fetal age and the infeasibility of being able to carry to term in any case. While the initial fetal age "guesstimate" was told to me with utter confidence of accuracy by a tech who kept cloyingly calling it "baby" in a baby voice, there was never any correction made to me despite repeated inquiries to the referring doctor nor Dr. Hughes. Only the entirely coincidental news item of gestational age bills alerted me as to why and how I had been lied to, in a situation that has lead to exigent health issues today, starting with a pregnancy test that was run after a barrage of x-rays at Parkview. While she is not responsible for this entire fiasco, finding out from the detective on my case that she was well aware of the actual fetal age and completely ignored the other factors in my survival over a fetus was, to say the least, a fatal blow against what I deem human decency, much less a reliable doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. Laura H. Hughes's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)