Ratings for Dr. John F. Almquist

Dr almquist has been my Dr for years. He has had the same nurse Jen for about 10 years. They are both friendly compassionate and knowledgeable. Sometimes you have to wait in the office for your appointment and it takes a while to get a routine appointment but they will see you in 24 hours if it is serious and try to get you in earlier if you ask..by trying for a cancellation. He is a great Dr. AND truely cares about people.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

Have had multiple problems getting a response to phone calls, getting an appointment and then finally when getting appointment, doctor is too abrupt, too rushed and not acting like he cares too much. Am looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr Almquist has been my family physician since 1989. He is very knowledgeable and he knows and remembers all of his patients. You are not just a number to him. He gives good sound sdvice and always asks that I have all test results forwarded to his office any time I see a specialist so he can oversee my entire care plan. He is such a good doctor that, to my knowledge, he does not accept any new patients. It takes a few months sometimes to get an appt with him, but it is always worth it.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. Almquist is a wonderful doctor. After the doctor i had since childhold retired i needed a new doc my wife chose Dr. Ruffa for us what a terrible doctor. Luckily he was in the same practice as Dr. Almquist. When Ruffa left we switched. I am very happy with the care. I asked about diet medication and said it was not a good idea because of my blood pressure. Then he said "If there was a good weight lost medication he would be on it" as he put his hand on the plump belly. He also said it with a smile. He is a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr Almquist has been my family doctor for years now, and I wouldn't think of going to anybody else. His other patients are just as loyal as I am, and he honestly cares about how you are doing - the whole picture. He makes technical jargon make sense in actual English and he has a great sense of humor, which can be really helpful when you feel sick and hopeless. Good job Dr. A!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Dr. Almquist is kind and caring and doesn't rush through the apt. He is very knowledgeable about medicine.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2006

Dr. John F. Almquist's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Amerigroup