Ratings for Dr. Brian Kwon

Excellent experience with Dr. Kwon and NE Baptist Hospital for minimally invasive spinal surgery. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr. Brian Kwon is everything that the ratings and reviews have said he is. I highly recommend Dr. Kwon if you are seeking someone who is skilled at minimally invasive laminectomy procedures and a quick recovery. I am a 54 year old male who is fit and recovered well within two weeks of surgery. Dr. Kwon is knowledgeable, polite, informative and New England Baptist Hospital the most thorough facility in the country. All of the supporting staff and doctors are marvelous. While in the hospital I was treated like a special patient (I am not) and given a tremendous amount of attention to every detail imaginable to ensure that my recovery went well and my transition home was as seamless as possible. I highly recommend Dr. Kwon and New England Baptist Hospital! You will be glad you made this your last stop!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I HAVE SURGERY ON THE DEC9,2010 AND HE IS THE BEST ARE THE LIST OF DOCTORS I TALKED TO.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

I'm 59, and I needed surgery for spinal stenosis. After an unpleasant experience with the first surgeon I consulted, I got second opinion from Dr. Kwon at NEBH. I found that I was a candidate for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, which I had. I was in the hospital overnight, walked 1.2 miles 1 week later, and 4.5 miles a week after that. I returned to work part time the third week, and full time in the office 25 days after surgery. I couldn't be happier with the results. The first surgeon I consulted was Dr. Jacob Rachlin, and when I asked him if I might be a candidate for minimally invasive surgery, I was simply told, "No". That would have meant a traditional laminectomy with fusion, 5 days in the hospital, and 8 - 12 weeks recover. Which procedure would you rather have? Thank you, Dr. Kwon!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dismissed my pain and essentially told me to live with it. Luckily a different doctor did more tests and found the problem. Sometimes old fashioned doctoring is lost on glory seekers.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I was sent to Dr. Kwon for a second opinion. After a matter of seconds in the office without even reading my medical history, xray reports or bone scans he told me that I should consider medication and therapy to learn to manage my pain. I don't know if he was ever felt back pain or had a severe injury but he obviously has never been told to live with it. I hope he receives better medical attention then he gives.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Confident, not arrogant; knowledgable and took his time explaining things to me. I never felt rushed or ignored and he answered any question I had. Responded to a message within minutes with a call back. Highly recommend him! New England Baptist is the best place for orthopedics since that is all they do. Staff there was terrific, too, before, during and after the surgery.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Kwon is a great surgeon. When others wanted to do fusion, he followed my lead and did microscopic surgery... my neck is healed.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Very good dr. knows what he is doing...very professional and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

We still have a long road to travel, but so far, I like this surgeon very much. He's sharp, knowledgable, but careful. He doesn't race to conclusions and isn't quick is cut. If we go to the surgical option, it will only be after all other possible options have been eliminated. I trust him. And I don't trust easily.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2006

Dr. Brian Kwon's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)