Ratings for Dr. Wade T. McCoy

My mother had been going to Dr. McCoy for many, many years. She was recently diagnosed with a spinal compression fracture. His office staff initially scheduled her for a Kyphoplasty at Integris Baptist Hospital; however, later rescheduled her to have the procedure at Community Hospital because Baptist was booked out for 2 weeks. They never consulted or coordinated this procedure with her Cardiologist. In fact, at one point, they so rudely said, "we don't need his permission to perform this procedure or to take her off of her heart meds". When the Cardiologist was contacted by the family directly, the Kyphoplasty was immediately cancelled because he wanted to perform a stress test to make sure she was fit for the procedure. When finally given approval to proceed, I informed Dr. McCoy's nurse (Darlene) that the family wanted her to have the procedure done at Baptist instead of Community Hospital. At that point, his office told me, "we don't have the 2 hours to spend on getting her rescheduled at Baptist, and if that's what we wanted, we would need to find another doctor". What doctor does this?!?! Especially to an 86 year old woman that is in tremendous pain and is in need of her doctor's care? He and his office staff are without doubt the most unprofessional, unethical and uncompassionate group I have EVER met. Practically every time we called to ask a question about our mother's healthcare, they acted inconvenienced and were rude; often lying to us or telling us to call someone else because they were too busy.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

My family has used Dr. McCoy for over 15 years. He and his staff are the same today as they were when we began. It reminds me or a small town doctor's office. They know you and speak to you like long friends. Dr. McCoy is wonderful. He takes the time to listen and discuss the current and any other situations. Both of my sons are now adults and they both still see Dr. McCoy when they are ill.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I have visited 5 times and was very pleased with the helpfulness and willingness to work with me on general problems. The only bad experience was the first visit wait when I was "forgotten" about, but the other appointments, which I scheduled early, have run reasonably on time. I like him very much and assume he is knowledgeable. His staff are wonderful and polite, and I am always called with results and sent copies at my request. He's very busy.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Have been seeing Dr. McCoy for at least 5 yrs. He has always taken the time to talk about other concerns other than what I was there for..when I was going through my divorce he set down and spoke for 10-15 min about it with me to make sure I was ok, thats almost unheard of these days..he doesnt talk down to you..which is nice..some Doctors believe everyone is "not as smart" as they are..when in fact alot of us keep up with our bodies and education....

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Informed nurse of a need to talk with this doctor about testing to be done on my wife. Waited 45 minutes to talk with this doctor about test to be done on a cervical Bx collected by the Gyn doctor referred to by said doctor. When able to talk with this guy he abruptly barked that he didn't have time to talk about lab tests because he had "an office full of patients to see"(There were no patients in his waiting room.) In my 40 years in the medical profession I have never encountered such a rude and inconsiderate response from a doctor who couldn't spare 2-3 minutes to resolve a need to clarify testing on his patient.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

He was very polite, helpful and caring. I give him an A+++

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Wade T. McCoy's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal