Ratings for Dr. Michael T. Mccoy

Dr. McCoy has gotten grouchier and seemingly less interested in his patients welfare and concerns as the years have gone by. After my operations I rarely, if ever saw the doctor and only was checked on by his nurse. My last operation's recovery process more painful then previous procedures and the doctor behaved as though I was a malingerer. Even after PT and OT and ongoing exercise I still have not recovered the level of usage in the effected limb the doctor assured me I would have. I expect to have further orthopedic procedures. Dr. McCoy will NOT be considered as a resource for those procedures.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I had both knees done - one at a time about 3 and 4 years ago. He was professional and exceptionally good. I wasn't looking for hand holding but for the best technical doctor in the area. I chose him after quizzing someone who has rehabbed knees replaced by many doctors in this area. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

Went in for Knee pain after falling and landing on some concrete. I was told to "try not to walk up and down stairs". Oh, by the way, I am in my 30's. He eventually gave me a cortisone injection but that was after 2 visits and me insisting. I ended up going to another Dr. (Michael Schmidt) who performed surgery on the knee. Pretty much pain free now and I wish I would not have wasted my time with McCoy.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Went in for consultation regarding knee pain. Dr. McCoy was direct and matter-of-fact about what the pain was and potential causes. I ended up choosing to have surgery to clean up the damage and have had no problems since. I see some complaints about his bedside manner and that he doesn't talk to women. He is direct and is not much on small talk. That being said, I was there for his medical advice not to chat. He did explain to me all that I needed to know, and I am a woman. I would use him again happily and have recommended him to numerous friends.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Dr. Mccoy might not have the best bed side manner, but he is absolutely not rude. He diagnosed my problem and told me what he could do. My decision completely. My hip replacement is only 2 weeks into recovery and I can already walk better than before. Dr. Mccoy was straight to the point with no chit chat when I went in for my 2 week checkup which some people might think is rude, I say he is a busy Dr. and cares about his work. As far as his staff goes, wonderful, polite people. The care I received at Stormont Vail was the best hospital experience I have ever had. The nurses, CNAs, PT people and even the kitchen help were the absolute best. In closing I highly recommend Dr. Mccoy. 10 stars.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Dr, McCoy will leave is pt with broken arms for 5 days he does not care pt are just $$$$ signs to him and not real people with real familys he does not speak to women and I would not recomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

I am walking today because of this Doctor. He gets right to the point no hee hawing around. He has been my doctor for 15 years . knees shoulder and all the care in bewteeen. I trust Him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

I HAVE GONE TO DR. MCCOY SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS. wHEN I FIRST SAW HIM i HAD ALREADY BEEN TOLD BY ANOTHER DR THAT MY KNEE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO BE REPAIRED. DR MCCOY FIXED MY KNEE AND OTHER THAN A FEW TWINGES WHEN THE WEATHER CHANGES, MY KNEE IS FINE

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

Dr. McCoy is a rude dr who is unkind and uncaring and has no care if he hurts your feelings BAD BED SIDE MANNER and dont even care about people

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Michael T. Mccoy's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)