Ratings for Dr. Silburn W. Thomas

Dr Thomas is a warm kind caring and excellent physician. The only problem the receptionist/wife, she is a extremely rude and unprofessional, you call the office she hung up the phone, she have not patience, she closed door in your face, yelled at you. Doctor need to removed her from the front of the office, she make her husband look bad in the public eyes. Dr Thomas has been my doctor for 23years..I recommend so many patient to him and because of his wife, they all left. My whole family was a patient, every one left but me, and last year, that was it with wife, I try over the years to ignore her and just get my treatment. I have the enough with that wife. Doctor I wish you all the best, God bless and keep you, I will keep you and my pray and pray God can chance your wife..sent her to angry management class. She need help.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Thomas is a warm, kind, caring and excellent physician who goes out of his way to ease your concerns. The only problem, as someone said before me is his receptionist /wife. She is extremely rude and unprofessional. I've experienced everything the previous rater said. She has YELLED and hung up on me and hangs up again when you call back, she won't renew a prescription unless she can charge you for another visit- NO other doctors office does that- she will close the door in your face if you want to speak to the doctor and its time for them to leave- and does not accept checks for deductible payments- and has an all around nasty attitude and is consistantly rude. I feel for the doctor bc he will lose many patients bc of her.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Thomas is a kind doctor but his secretary/wife is rude, condescending, and down right mean. Through the years I have seen Mrs. Thomas (wife) belittle patients, refuse to pickup phone calls, pickup then hang up on patients, charge COPAYS for copies or to fax out their own medical records. In one occasion I have seen Mrs. Thomas slam the door in a patient's face, in order to close early. Watch out for the non-existent re-fills on your prescriptions, Dr. Thomas does not fill additional prescriptions but rather Mrs. Thomas schedules follow up appointments for the patient in order to get their refills. Wait time is usually over 30 minutes to an hour. If you can see another doctor, please do because Dr. Thomas is not worth your headache.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Great MD, courteous and caring. Only problem is you should go early or late as he is usually busy everyday. Staff is also courteous and pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Dr. Silburn W. Thomas's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Mount Vernon, NY