Ratings for Dr. Francis Mayeda

Dr Mayeda is a very intelligent man but unfortunately he doesn't let his patients ever see this. He is extremely arrogant and has poor bedside manner but is a great doctor. He delivered our second child after I DREADED the thought and in the end I worried for nothing. Delivery was great and his attitude wasn't as poor as usual

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

My doctor was supposed to be Levine and he's very nice. Mayeda filled in for him during my delivery and it was a terrible experience. He was rude, did t spend any time with my high risk pregnancy, and punched my stomach to deliver my placenta.go to someone else.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I agree with the comments below. Unhelpful. Not a friendly staff. As a young patient who had never seen a gynecologist before, no one informed me of birth control policies or when the yearly exam was require. Rather, they let my birth control run out and told me I had to make an appointment to get more. By the time I was notified it was way too late to make an appointment and get BC in time. Definitely need to work on manners and notifying young, inexperienced patients at first time visits.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Awful as the comments below suggest. Downright miserable man. Stay away if you want to enjoy your pregnancy. As for gyn related concerns, there are plenty of more competent respectful doctors out there.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Awful - as is everyone else in this practice. No bedside manner, no regard for patient concerns, doesn't answer any questions

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I've heard mixed things about Dr. MAyeda and the negatives have proven to be true. Swithcing providers ASAP. My wife deserves a better experience for a first pregnancy.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this man. Others may have felt that after multiple encounters he grew on them, but not in my case. He's awful. There are many many other OBgyns out there that actually enjoy their job and patients

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Mayeda has awful bedside manner. He speaks AT his patients and ignores questions/concerns they have, possibly because of his lack of knowledge. Everything is rushed and patients are seen for less than 3 minutes at times. Like the comment below, he is very dismissive and makes it appear as if you are inconveniencing him. I've heard from his office staff as well as hospital staff that he is a rude, miserable man, which is true watching how he interacts with his patients. I would highly suggest avoiding him and seeing an OB/GYN that has feelings and does not share/mock your business with coworkers, which is a HIPPA violation and can result in him losing his license to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I had heard mixed things about Dr Mayeda, I have found his bedside manner lacking. He is condescending and doesn't seem to listen or explain things fully. Very dismissive especially if you are under 25 and pregnant. He seems to forget that these are all new experiences for a 1st time pregnancy and frankly has taken the joy out of attending the appointments and hope that I do not have him for delivery. I would not use this group again should I have another child but will continue to see Kristin for GYN issues/annual.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Mayeda is very knowledgeable. His bedside manner could use a lot of work, but if you can see past it he is one of the best doctor's to perform a c-section ..

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. Francis Mayeda's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)