Dr. Phillip A. Tibbs

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Phillip A. Tibbs

The nurses were so kind, Dr. Tibbs was the opposite. I waited for 3 hours, he said we just have too many patients and I'm in a hurry. He was extensivextremely ride and i left crying. His nurse even apologized and felt awful. He said I was fine and just needed to lose weight. After a year of referrals and getting into a new Neurosurgeon they found out what was wrong and found Tumors on my spine that Dr. Tibbs apparently missed. I'm now getting the treatments I need. I do not recommend him to anyone no matter what these other reviews say, I ended up in a wheelchair because of him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Tibbs performed PLIF on me (posterior lumbar interbody fusion) of L4-L5 and excision of synovial cyst due to the condition: Spondylolisthesis. At 6 weeks out, I'm back to walking daily! The nerve pain down my leg was gone immediately after surgery and my back pain is much better. At 48, I was told I was on the younger end for this surgery, but it was absolutely needed and I don't regret it one second. Dr. Tibbs has given me my life back of keeping up with 3 very active children! He is extremely patient, kind, intelligent, and skilled. His confidence put me at ease, as well as his conservative approach to surgery. Dr. Tibbs is amazing and I highly recommend him! The staff at UK's hospital was wonderful as well.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

excellent interactions with patients. my surgery result is excellent. highly recommended

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

The best of the best!!! He is a very kind and caring surgeon that cares for his patients well being. He goes above and beyond his call of duty.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Had L4 laminectomy and L4 L5 disc replacement with VariLift inserts. Surgery went well. Results are great. A great doctor/surgeon with a really good team. UK Hospital stay was great as well. Good support and care. 5 stars!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Seven surgeries, six being fusion all performed by Dr. Tibbs. Even though I have severe degenerative discs and have had many surgeries, my confidence in Dr. Tibbs is great. The only thing I rated him a 4 on is punctuality and that is because he is in such high demand. I was so saddened when I was told that his PA, Randy, had been killed in a car wreck. After all my office visits, I felt a real connection to this kind man.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Great experience.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I had spine surgery, laminectomy, and a fusion in August 2013. Dr. Tibbs was my surgeon. I am extremely satisfied with all of his team. They were very nice, and professional. Of course I remember Dr. Tibbs and his PA Randy more because I always saw them. But his other members of his team were great as well. I also was very pleased with the facility and hospital. Everything is right there and you don't have to go far for x-rays, etc. And I loved my stay in the hospital. Even though I was healing and sore, I did enjoy the meals and the peace that I experienced there. I now it was very expensive, the room, but it was worth it. I would recommend his team to anyone who is in constant pain and who knows there is something wrong. Dr. Tibbs and PA Randy, I don't remember his last name, were wonderful. But, I hope I don't have to see them again. ;)

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I had serious lower back pain due to spondylolysthesis and severe arthritic degeneration L4-L5. I sought out Dr. Tibbs because of his excellent reputation as a neurosurgeon. He performed lumbar fusion surgery in August, 2013 and the outcome has been amazing. My recovery went extremely well, and I have now have no issues whatsoever with my back. Dr. Tibbs is a kind, caring, and very professional physician I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an expert neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Phillip A. Tibbs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tibbs is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Kentucky. He graduated with honors from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and received his residency training in Neurosurgery at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Tibbs is Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and is nationally and internationally recognized as an expert in Neurosurgery.

• English

• Thomas More College (Grad. 1969)

• Spinal fusion