Ratings for Dr. Francis C. Grumbine

6 years later my Life is totally destroyed by this supposed, "Specialist"!!! He operated on me in 2010 and now as I sit here typing I'm still trying to find someone to repair(if they even can) My badly damaged intestines. (Losing my job due to my now destroyed health meant no insurance now,insured when saw him)Since the day after surgery which I told him and GBMC I couldn't have a bowel movement OR even pass gas. The day before surgery, as I have no gallbladder, my bowels moved after every meal like clock work. Now I'm lucky if my bowels move once in 3 to 4 weeks since his hysterectomy work. I signed releases, true, however I was never advised that with a mass like mine of that size I would need further help such as involving a colon surgeon/gastro. His arrogance overshadowed being thoughtful and modest enough to admit maybe two heads could think better to resolve a complicated issue a patient faced. I feel so exhausted from trying to have bowel movements now it controls my every waking moment. Im 6ft tall, 140lbs and a Former Runway Model and now a former ghost of myself.... Thanks Doctor! You have successfully damaged a former vibrant,charity driven,community organizer to be absolutely unproductive as a member of society and void of any quality of life. I hope you sleep well at night Doctor...I sure don't with 20lbs of waste always lurking and disturbing my sleep. Oh how we take things like regular bodily functions for granted, but who knew this could happen??? I sure didn't.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

NO! NO! NO! Poor judgement, staff, follow up. Relies exclusively ob former reputation and medical students! Stay away and find a different surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I was not advised of potential complications and all of the stitches he sewed broke, because he was "too tired" to do them properly. I had to go to get them redone afterwards. He had no interest in remedying his mistakes. He made several errors on my intake form about my physical state. He basically left me much worse off than I was before I visited him. Too old and inept to practice. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I seen Dr. Grumbine after a bad experience with another prominent oncologist for a pre-cancer vulva stage 4 problem. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, helpful, very concerned about his patients and compassionate. He suggested surgery to remove the lesion ASAP, and now I'm totally clear, no problems. I'm very blessed to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

Dr. Grumbine saved my life a few years ago. I had a 9 lb. tumor growing in my stomach which had come up and wrapped around my ribs and was also pressing on all my major organs. I knew something was wrong with me, but had no idea it was that bad. I had gained a lot of weight, but was not eating any differently than I normally would. I was in denial that something was wrong. Luckily I went back to my invitro-doc to try invitro fertilization again, and that's when I got the bad news about the 9 lb tumor. I had to see Dr. Grumbine across the hall right away and he did emergency surgery on me the very next morning, he rescheduled all other appointments without hesitation. He was such a sweetheart after surgery too, kept checking on me on a regular basis, I knew he genuinly cared. I thank God it was not a cancerous tumor, and I thank God for Dr. Grumbine. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

Dr. Francis C. Grumbine's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)