Ratings for Dr. Jill R. Leblond

Dr. Leblond definitely only cares about money. She was super judgemental about the way I loved my life and would often yawn during sessions. When I had to cancel an appointment. Ecause my mom had a brain aneurysm and eventually passed away, she never sent condolences, but asked for her payment for missing a session due to emergency. She is not helpful emotionally and seemed lazy in general. I DO NOT recommend her to any younger patients. Maybe old people can handle her BE but I couldn't. Her services made me hesitant to ever try counseling again.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

This psychologist works with a small percentage of offenders doing court ordered psychosexual evaluations and Borderlines people that are emotionally immature/labile and vindictive when they do not get what they want. Please do not let their projection of their own life failures influence you - it is clear when reading all the reviews which clients are offenders or seriously unstable and which ones are private practice.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Exceptionally combative. Semi-unprofessional. "Gotcha" tactics. Money talks, avoid this clinic.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr. LeBlond has helped immensely over past 5 years. These years have been tough for me and my family. Dr LeBlond has helped me navigate this period and has kept me sane. She goes not mince words however is not judgmental . We have been on a hiatus lately nut I am ready to begin working on Some personal issues . I look forward to working with her.

Submitted November 10, 2014

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. LeBlond. I have seen her for several years. Dr. LeBlond was able to make me comfortable enough to talk about some very difficult things. When I resisted, she gently pushed, which I had asked her to do when we started. She is caring, professional and just amazing at helping people with their issues. Dr. LeBlond helped me work through the things that were causing me to be unhappy and causing me to continue to do self destructive things. She has made it possible for me to be happy and to have a positive self image for the first time since I was a little kid. I have referred more than one person to see Dr. LeBlond for individual and couple's therapy and everyone loves her. She is also understanding and flexible when it comes to payment and has never hounded me for money, even when I fell behind on paying her. Most importatnly, Jill legitimately cares about her patients. You won't find a better psychologist.

Submitted January 13, 2014

Sometimes she overruns with clients, and that's sometimes going to be necessary if the situation it - and she doesn't truncate my sessions as a result. That isn't worthy of dropping a point from the rating; she makes up for it and definitely has ethics. And I am not sure why she is getting a low rating from some; she looks for other perspectives and keeps things in the here and now - and keeps them real. Yes, she might ask uncomfortable questions but there are fair reasons she asks those. She's on the level, folks.

Submitted August 20, 2013

I went searching for a great doctor for a huge and complicating time in my life. I landed with the most amazing and helpful person I could ever have imagined. I have been seening Dr. Leblond for 3 years. I don't know where I would be without her. She has helped me find the inner strength that I always knew was in there, and just needed help finding. She has been nothing but professional the whole way through. She has never said only what I want to hear, but what I need to hear. I am so thankful for her honesty, and help that helped me get to the place that I am now in my life. I am happy and healthy and worked hard to get here, but so thankful for the guidance I got along the way. I have and would recommend Dr. Leblond to anyone looking for wonderful professional help.

Submitted August 12, 2013

There MUST be two Dr. LeBlond's out there in Psych-land because THIS Jill is just simply amazing! She doesnt mince words and she will tell you what you dont want to hear on occasion...that to me is part of therapy, a part of the healing process. I've had therapists in the past just sit, listen, tell me what I want to hear, throw a book recommendation or two at me and maybe some psycho-babble b.s. to make it sound like they care and then send me out the door. Jill listens, gives just enough empathy to show she cares (and she does but Im not there for pity, Im there to get well again and she knows it ) but then will help formulate an action plan to take with me on the path to wellness. AND she has been known on occasion to extend her time a bit with me to make sure I understand what the expectations are and game plan for our next visit. Therapy is hard work. If you dont want to do the work get well dont like what youre hearing from her to achieve that- youre the problem, not her.

Submitted July 25, 2013

I can't even describe what an amazing therapist Dr. LeBlond is! She's incredibly intelligent, and she gives the exact perfect balance between nurturing and pushing, which ultimately is what is needed for growth.

Submitted December 19, 2012

Saw her for years and let many things slide. Jill is very money oriented/driven; careful, she'll send you home for your wallet if you forget it. I witnessed many unprofessional behaviors including the way she treats her interns/staff, reprimanding them infront of clients even. Don't ask for a treatment plan or exit plan.....that's when all thunder breaks loose. Sessions with Jill are simply a time for you and her to "catch up" while she gets paid. Oh yea, and don't ever ask her to take any responsibility for her own behaviors.....only you are the one that can be at fault. My advice....your paying for a service, find someone who is a professional that actually provides a service.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012