Ratings for Dr. Susan Massad

Agree with the previous reviews, Dr. Massad is great, but every appointment I've had with her has basically turned into an all-day wait.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

Dr Massad is knowledgeable and skillful but seems overstretched. Lots of upheaval. Three offices in as many years. Disorganized unhelpful office staff who don't pass on messages. Long, long waits (every appointment, I was waiting for at least an hour - longest was waiting from 10am until 1pm for a blood sugar test with an empty stomach!). No explanation of how to get results and poor feedback on tests. I get the impression Dr Massad is a truly caring physician for the very sick but as a healthy person with the occasional and relatively minor problem, I felt she was a little dismissive and therefore not a good fit for me.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr. Massad was the best Dr. I ever had. I had to stop seeing her when I lost my insurance & she is about to retire also. She's up on all the latest health info including alternative medicine, but most of all she is easy to talk to and answers all questions.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Massad for ten years, and I really like her. She has been listed on New York Magazine's Top Doctors list several times. Her speciality is doctor/patient communication. She will really spend time with you and listen to your concerns. The downside? Long waiting times. I have never waited less than an hour to see her, and that's always annoying. Also, I think she's getting close to retirement so if you want a doctor who will be with you for another 10-15 years, it's probably not Dr. Massad.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Susan Massad's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1962)

Commercial Insurance Company