Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Welker

Great before your surgery, terrible aftwerwards. My surgery was a failure, and Dr. Welker acted like a child with a hurt ego. Refused any type of further evaluation or diagnostics to determine my original problem (which was not resolved). Dr. Welker told me "I don't think any testing is necessary, and I don't think that is what is wrong." Just bad. Wish I would have researched him more prior to my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

He did surgery on tendons. I got pseudonomas infection when his staff removed stitches. He prescribed an antibiotic I am allergic to. He put in notes he was aware of allergy but prescribed anyway. Very cavalier about patient. After I brought to clerical attention I was allergic, they snatched the rx away. Then he let me go 31 days with pseudonomas and staph infection, no treatment besides reopen and clean out TWICE, last one left open to the ankle bone for two years, he finally sent me to an infectious disease doctor. Unfortunately, as outlined in the notes, the infection destroyed the surgical repair. All the torment was in vain and he jokingly said he would send me to the wound clinic where they would "sprinkle something in the wound" and i'd be "better in 60 days." It took two years of weekly scraping and wrapping and treatment to get it closed. It's a painful mess. And that's part of the good experiences. Wouldn't take my pets to him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr Welker has done three surgeris in our family. We have been very pleased with Dr Welker ,his staff and our recovery.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

ARROGANT. UNCONCERNED ABOUT POST-OP CARE IN PATIENT. DID NOT WORRY ABOUT BLOOD CLOTS IN A SWOLLEN AND PAINFUL LEG. FAILED TO MONITOR HEMOGLOBIN AND HEMATOCRIT POST TRANSFUSION AFTER PATIENT WAS TRANSFERRED TO A REHAB FACILITY (FORGOT TO WRITE THE ORDERS?) NEEDS TO FIND A CALLING IN LIFE THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE COMPASSION AND CARING. SAD; BUT TRUE. WILL PRAY THAT HE COMES AROUND AND THAT HIS EGO STAYS IN CHECK.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I THINK DR WELKER IS EITHER OVERWORKED OR PLAIN ARROGANT. AFTER A BLOOD TRANSFUSION, WHICH IS UNUSUAL IN A KNEE SURGERY, IS IT NOT UNUSUAl TO FAIL TO MONITOR HEMOGLOBIN? AND HEMATOCRIT ON A REGULAR BASIS AND TO TAKE A DAILY TEMPERATURE ON A PATIENT POST-OP. COMPLICATIONS NEED TO BE MONITORED. MINIMAL FOLLOW-UP CARE AT REHAB FACILITY (HILLSPRING). SAD...BUT TRUE. CUT BACK ON THE SURGERIES TO FOCUS ON THE PATIENT.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Michael C. Welker's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)