Ratings for Dr. Robert W. Silverio

This doctor (if you can even call him that) is absolutely incompetent! Back in 2010 my wife was 26 weeks pregnant, had preeclampsia and gestational diabetes, she called in to see what he could recommend for her to do to feel better as swelling and high blood pressure issues were present. He advised her to "put her feet up" at work. Within 24 hours she incurred a placential abruption and delivered via emergency c-section, our son, who weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces. The birth was very traumatic and has done irreversible and permanent damage to him. He spent 77 days in the NICU, has had +/- 10 surgeries, a grade IV brain bleed, two vp shunts and now suffers from seizures. We were also informed by others that this incompetent individual has had law suits brought against him in the past. We were first time parents and learned and tremendous lesson.........DO YOU HOME WORK ON CHOOSING A GOOD OB-GYN..........THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME. Following the weekend of our son's birth, his office called our home to see how my wife was feeling and if putting her feet up gave her any relief over the weekend...........they did not even know we delivered the baby! He does not care about his patients and he is incompetent. A poor excuse for a physician and a human being.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Not personable at all. Made me uncomfortable. Doesn't seem like he likes his job. Didn't really answer any of my questions so I felt out of the loop about everything. Luckily I went into labor when he wasn't on call. I labored for 12 hours and had to have an emergency C-section. Apparently he staples your incision instead of using dermabond. I had a lovely woman doctor named Valerie Skinner who used dermabond.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Terrible bedside manner. Seems unenthused about the entire delivery process. Did not take the time to answer basic questions about labor and delivery/c-section. Did not feel comfortable having him deliver my child. Definitely not recommended if you have the choice to use someone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Dr. Robert W. Silverio's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1996)