Ratings for Dr. Richard N. COSTA

Dr.Rick is a great therapist. He is very knowledgeable and is very skilled at being very gentle and supportive. Counseling is tough but is so rewarding if you stick to it especially thru the hard times. Sad that someone could make such a negative comment after judging based on a half hour. I learned that the relationship is key in therapy and if you don't click find someone else but Dr. Rick is the best therapist I ever had and am personally hurt if I hear such negativity--and yes I think I am in better position to say this since I saw him over 2 years and am thankful for all he did for me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I have known Dr. Costa for a very long time and find him to have the utmost skill and expertise in his practice. He is a true clinician with impeccable skills. He truly helps his patients. As a colleague, I look to his advice frequently and I have entrusted the care of my family and friends to him. He is a very conscientious and ethical therapist who has truly mastered the art and science of psychotherapy. I am proud to work in the same field as someone as gifted as Dr. Costa.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

I have suffered from my issues all my life, but it has taken me years to summon up the courage to seek professional help. After half an hour of letting me cry and talk he tells me he's 'overwhelmed' and that because I can't even summon the courage to go buy groceries most days, how could I expect to show up at his office independently? Because I was a long time sufferer, I had learned to deal with it and that's basically the way things should continue. He didn't think I could 'mentally handle the peelback' that it would take to get to the root causes of my issues..silly me, I should've known that because I've been a long time sufferer, I should just always suffer. How dare this arrogant **** hold for ransom the coping mechanisms I need and asked for help with. You are the equivalent of a mental hit-man, only one who has no accuracy and as a result whose victims suffer exponentially because of your ineptitude. Congratulations on your 'life's work,' you must be so proud.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012