Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Marcus

I am NOT a patient of this doctor but a loved one is and I can't believe how easy it is for him to get his prescriptions increased all the time, no questions asked. Dr. Marcus does not care about the individual so I must think he's in it for the money. My loved one is in denial about having substance abuse problems which is why he wrote a favorable review that Dr. Marcus asked him to write because of all of the bad reviews. He gives him the drugs he wants and sends him on his way. His practice should be thoroughly examined and his license revoked.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Physicians have to chase down their co-pays, that is how they make their money. Insurance companies just don't pay anymore. But there does need to be some tactfulness when treating patients. That is certainly where I draw the line. My child went to see him - 1st visit - very condescending - and stated - if you have an emergency do not call me, I will not go to the hospital, that is not what I do. Along with many other comments... My child came home in tears. Really???? Just put the person who was looking for help in a situation where they instantly saw a reflection of someone that was 1. not a therapist/ MD but 2. an image of a person that abused them and made them needing therapy to begin with. Nice... now I am left to do the damage control here. Your Job. Something no medication is going handle.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

After I told the front office that they are despised by many of their patients some good reviews popped up on here. I have a feeling the staff are writing them. I don't know how anyone could have a good experience with this man. He does not look at you. He talks down to you. He sees you for 5 minutes and the first thing he will ask you is if you have payed your copay. If you cancel less than 2 days in advanced he will charge you $140. If you don't pay he will send it to collections with a 20% markup and attack your credit. He could not care less about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Marcus for years. He spends as much time with me as I need, but he is not a therapist. It seems that people who write bad reviews either do not want to pay their bills or they are looking for someone to blame for their child's bad choices.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

This man is only in it for the money. He hands out addictive drugs like candy. My daughter met with him for 5 minutes and he wrote out a prescription that she couldn't get from any other doctor because the drug was not right for her. The reason she went to see him was because she was told he would give her anything she wanted and he did. She ended up in the hospital going through withdrawal and all this man cares about is that she owes him a co pay....

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Marcus and his therapeutic staff (Stephen Smith) literally saved my life. I walked into his office over 3 years ago with a horrendous opioid addiction, no direction and little hope. He gave me the direction and tough love I needed. I have an important job and a family and with his help I was able to keep both. I could only do outpatient treatment given my commitments and he has always been able to work with my schedule while still giving me the treatment I need. I do not know what I would have done or would do without the man. I honestly owe my happiness today to him. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But in my opinion Dr. Marcus is the best. Thank you Doc and staff - 3 and one half years sober and counting!

Submitted September 5, 2013

Dr. Marcus saved my life. Sometimes we need tough love. Not all doctors are going to give you a huge hug and tell you how sympathetic they are. Dr. Marcus isn't the warm, fuzzy type, but he's brilliant. And sometimes it takes a few tries to get the right medication...it takes a week or two before you really respond to it. I have terrible panic attacks, and PTSD, and I used to be afraid to leave the house. Now I am a fully-functioning, very social adult with barely any anxiety. It takes a combination of therapy and medication. And Dr. Marcus doesn't do the therapy part. Advice: Find a psychologist and go to Marcus for your meds. He really cares about his patients. I have been seeing him since I was 15 and now I am 25. I've missed appointments and been late and paid late, but he always kept me as a patient, and has certainly never been "mean" or yelled at me. He gets an A+ from me.

Submitted October 20, 2011

Use Dr. Marcus if you want a perscription as he'll perscribe anything and take your money. Don't use him if you want any sort of care from him as he is only interested in the money.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Do not go to this doctor if you don't want to be stolen from. He is one of the worst - taking advantage of the less fortunate.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Bad experience. Dropped me as a patient because he did not want to deal with my insurance. Very Rude and gives the impression that he cares more about payments/money than his patients well being.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Dr. Michael W. Marcus's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1968)

Kaiser-Permanente