Ratings for Dr. David M. Namerow

Took my child for an ear infection. Was put in an exam room for 35 minutes. My child was screaming in pain and we were ignored. When Dr. Namerow finally came in, he was very dismissive and answered my questions abruptly. Apparently, we were imposing upon his time. I decided to take my child to an ENT practice since I instinctively felt that Dr. Namerow didn't diagnose properly. When I called the office for a referral, they refused to give one to me. On my own, I found an excellent ENT doctor who confirmed my suspicions. My son now needs tubes and I am grateful that I relied on my instincts to save my child's hearing. I am disillusioned by Dr. Namerow, his office and his manner. Will not be returning to this practice and do not recommend it as well.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Took my daughter who has long term pain and sudden swelling for a few days of a limb. Reason I was concerned beside for her pain, is because my husband has a major heart and vascular issue that will require open heart surgery and his dr believes might be genetic. We are waiting for the genetic testing results, but this genetic syndrom has potential to be fatal. When I brought up my concerns that swelling might be vascular, dr. Namarow said it isn't vascular...before he moved from door to even look at her. Then before he looked at her, I told him of genetic syndrom and my husbands sickness. He told me "I never heard of it, and I've heard of everything"...well, obviously not Dr. Namerow. A pediatrician should be reading current medical journals and not be stuck in the 70's. Obviously, I have serious worries about this genetic condition and he spent 3 minutes with us and told her "not to rub it".

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

I brought my daughter,who was a toddler, when Dr. Namerow asked about her innoculations I told him I went to the town health department to have he got so angry and said "don't you know that's how we make our money!!" and when my daughter was being examined by him he took the tongue depressor and pressed down so hard on her tongue, obviously, to express his anger. I was in shock, her face turn into an a pure expression of pain and she immediately started to cry out of pain. I held her and comforted her but I live with regret that I never filed a suit against him. After that horrible experience my daughter was terrified of doctors and I never allowed them to use a tongue depressor to examine her throat again. I have to live with my inaction... all I did was call his office and yell at the nurse. Can you imagine a pediatric doctor purposely causing pain to an innocent child because he was mad that we went to the board of health to get routine shots. She is 26 yrs old now and never forgot.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Dr. Namerow is your typical "got some awards- so now I know everything" personality type. My son started showing developmental delays with crawling, cruising, standing, walking and speech as an infant. I went in with my concerns to see if we should see a developmental pediatrician & was told that the reason he wasn't moving around was because he was "fat". He told me I shouldn't worry about it because he, himself, did not walk until 18 months and look at him now! Dr. Chism also brushed off the flapping saying her son also was a "flapper". Guess what? My son was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder at 19 months by Dr. Kashyap at Hackensack & because of the intense therapy with Early Intervention & a great school IEP, my son was mainstreamed in first grade. If we would've listened to Dr. Know-It-All, my son would have never received the services that saved his life. Too busy stroking his own ego to consider a mother's intuition. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR FOR DEVELOPMENTAL CONCERNS!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I needed a local pediatrician and Dr. Namerow was recommended to me. Over the past two years, I took my sons for a couple of sick visits as well as for one well check-up. Inasmuch as our main residence is in another state, I also take them to see our local pediatrician which is where they had their most recent well check-up. When my son developed a sore throat recently, I called to make an appointment for a strep test. The receptionist refused to make an appointment saying that since he did not have his wellness checkup with the practice, the doctor would not see him. I was extremely upset and disappointed with this attitude. Doctors, especially pediatricians, should be compassionate and should not turn away a patient on this basis alone.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

First time I met him I loved him. Funny, blunt, quirky but knowledgeable personality. UNTIL you ask him too many questions or seem as if you, the lowly parent, are trying to know more than you should. My last appt. at this practice was when my son had a 100-101 fever for a few days in late August and runny nose. I was told it's just a cold and teething most likely and he needed his flu and hepatitis shot at 18 mos. I said I really thought he was coming down with something, was crying a lot in the iddle of the night and not comfortable with the shots due to slight fever. He slammed my sons file closed and said I should come bach when I "feel" more comfortable and sent me packing. Two days later we were in Cape May on vacation at the urgent care - my son had double ear infectoins and they remarked on how bad one ear was. Left he practice and it took me threatening my lawyer's wrath after 7 months to get my child's file!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

I'm kind of indifferent about Dr. Namerow and this practice. It's large and none of the doctors know my kids at all. But, I love the evening and weekend hours. It's a trade-off. Large practice with extended hours but it's completely impersonal. I have four older kids and need the flexibility of hours and access to both female and male doctors. But if this is your first baby, you may want to go elsewhere. I have not found the staff to be rude at all. I did find Dr. Namerow to be inconsistent. Sometimes friendly, other times rude. He does NOT like to be questioned. He fails to understand that just because a parent isn't a doctor doesn't mean they are incapable of being intelligent medical consumers. In general, I like Dr. Hetling, Dr. Chism, and Dr. Brucia better.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Took my son in (almost 11yrs) because I was concerned about his weight. Dr. Namerow walks into the room, looks at my son, and says "You're fat, I have to call it like I see it and you're fat." Who says that to a developmentally delayed pre-teen?!? He then leaves to take a phone call in the middle of the appointment. Comes back, hands me a pamphlet, tells me that my son should only eat 1400 calories a day (recommended for that age is 2600, cutting that many calories is insane), that I should lock up our fridge and all food in the house (great way to create later eating issues), looks at me (I tend toward skinny) and says "And you should eat what he doesn't." and then walks out! The whole reason I went is because my son DOES eat a good diet (no soda or juice, whole grains, low-fat) but he never even let me get in enough words to say that. I was one of his first patients almost 30 years ago. My kids have gone since birth. I will now NEVER go back!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Dr. Namerow is a wonderful Dr. He saw a potential problem in my son that others did not even think to look for. He checks every part of the baby and is very patient with answering questions. Dr. Alexander is also great. Not a big fan of Dr. Zucker though. Not as caring.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

Dr. Namerow is a really nice guy and funny but when my newborn was colic he told me she was spoiled and not to pick her up when she cried. I knew it wasn't that. so after a month and a half of constant crying I switched to dr. alexander in the practice and she told me she had acid reflux and gave her medicine. What a difference! It was like night and day she's happy and not in pain anymore. If not for Dr. Alexander I would have switched to a different practice. In the middle of me asking dr. Namerow a question about my baby he ignored me and started talking about the train that was going by out the window. The staff always seems like they are in a bad mood too.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. David M. Namerow's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1972)

• BCBS Illinois