Ratings for Dr. James A. Bell

This doctor gave me a cortisone shot in my shoulder without any pain killer like lidocaine before. Kept digging around with the needle. It was excruciatingly painful, and by 2 hours later my entire shoulder was a dark black and blue. AVOID!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Watched the terrible Mike Rinder short video on the whoismikerinder website (created by the Church of Scientology to ruin his reputation) and seemed to attest to possible fake injuries on camera

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

If you're a Scientologist and need a video to collaborate your injuries. Wow. What a shame

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I recently had a knee replacement done by Dr. Bell. The surgery went well and my recovery is coming along nicely. I have been religious about following the post-op suggestions and working hard on my physical therapy. I find Dr. Bell to be skilled and very caring and nice as is his staff. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Bell was paid by Church of Scientology to make statement of video attesting that his patient received permanent damage at hand of ex-Scientologist the church was trying to discredit (Mike RInder). Bell should have license revoked or at least be censured by the AMA.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

After reading all the negative reviews I have to speak up on Dr. Bell's behalf. Not only did he do a wonderful job of putting my completely shattered elbow back together, 3 plates 12 pins, but he was personable and punctual. His staff is friendly and helpful. I recommend him all the time.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Sorry I ever went to this man. Lack of any bedside manner was the least of his problems; he recommended a surgical procedure which after the fact I found out was not indicated. His pain management afterward was minimal, and his treatment of the hospital staff taking care of me was beyond rude. I could not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

misdiagnosed my swollen knee after an er vistit for completely undiscribable pain from back to foot. looked at an mri done from past and asked what i wanted him to do? umm your the dr. He gave me a cortizone inj and i had severe pain and swelling over the next day and night. I left messeges for the nurse and finally got someone to have him call me on his off time hours later. my knee looked like a grape fruit and leg was unaligned. He said go to the ER. The er sent me back to bell.. he gave me a physical therepy referral, Body works refused to touch me afraid of aggrivating a unknown problem & referred me to Dr Reber. Almost 3-4 weeeks later Reber said OA was misdiagnosed and could have been a problem in physical therapy since my cartalage was sharp catching on tendons every step. Orthoscopy was scheduled but its been over a month and i am completely immobile and depressed over the domino effect on my hips and back waiting on a needed surgery that takes 20 mins and be recovering now

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Have a pinched ulnar nerve. I had lost a lot of feeling in my little/ring fingers in dominate hand. He did surgery, now the chronic pain is more severe & disability greater. I give a big thanks for NOTHING! Now I am attempting to get disability through SS until I can hopefully get this truely treated. DOC & Bell did not send my records, therefore turned down & starting all over. Fuming is a good term, also disheartened & YES in pain!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

Late to appointment with no apology or explanation; impatient with my questions. Did not offer much advice about shoulder injury. Just generally unhelpful.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Dr. James A. Bell's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

AARP