Ratings for Dr. Gordon Aamoth

I had been a patient of Dr.Aamoth only once for a brief time and was treated not only fair but with respect. This was 20 years ago before I began a 16 year stint as an employee in surgery at Abbott Northwestern Hospital where he performed many of his surgeries. Dr.Aamoth was always so very kind to me at each passing and to his nurses and technitions in the rooms. Dr.Aamoth is/was(he may have retired but I am not certain)one of the most talented and truly god gifted surgeons in ortho surgery I had ever had the pleasure to witness.He was well skilled in his area of expertise, and to the previous comment that gave him a poor rating: You will never get a good respose from a doctor when he the doctor has 20+ years of schooling and many more years in the field practicing medicine, and you looking for his advice tell him the diagnose. If you knew it was allergy related an ortho doctor would not treat an allergy my friend that would be an allergist, thus you had a bad experience. As expected?

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

I went in with muscle spasms in my back, which I have had frequently over the past 10 years. After describing my history with back pain (being repeatedly cut short by him), he assessed my back for less than 30 seconds, then diagnosed me with adolescent disc disease. His only instructions were to take Aleve, and other than that, there was nothing that could be done. When I suggested a possible connection with certain food allergies, he disregarded it, saying "it's not in the literature.") So, just like that, years of my experiences and hypotheses were thrown out as impossible. With my understanding of his disgnosis and plan for recovery far from clear, he walked out of the room. He never said "any questions?"or "goodbye." I didn't know if he was coming back or what I was supposed to do. Within 10 seconds, I heard him check in with another patient next door. I left the appointment feeling discouraged, disempowered, and more confused than when I went in. I DO NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Dr. Gordon Aamoth's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1966)

GHI