Ratings for Dr. Dorothy J. Ray

There office staff should all be fired. They never follow through or up on anything they promise. Dr ray is a great yet her office is a total joke. There is no way to hold them accountable for anything and a sorry just does not cut it every time.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Lets start by saying me and my brothers came to Dr. Ray as children and I had great respect for the practice and the way we were treated as a family and as patients then, however this is when it was one practice with the two Dr. Ray's and there sister ran the front office. Since as a child I had such a pleasant experience when I had my children it was an obvious choice to bring my children here as well. Now on the other hand I never see Dr.Ray, the staff at the lakeland hills office are very rude and things just are not the same the Doctors I see speed through appointments and don't care how the front treats you, and seems to me like they are only concerned with money, I was paying full price for appointments because our insurance through my husbands work was being transferred from one company to another and I was waiting for new info, no problem i. Will bill insurance an pay cash, but i was treated like scum. I guess this is how life long patients families are treated!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

The front desk staff are not aware of office policies. The nurses are rude, and every time you have an appointment is with a different doctor, if you want an appointment with Dr. Ray it will have to be either a Tuesday or Thursday and the wait is even longer. Patient for the last 8 years. Changed to another location due to how rude the front desk and the nurses are. As the practice got bigger the customer service aspect was lost.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

ALTHOUGH I am an adult Dr. Ray set me in the direction of an immunologist who has since started treatment. PID is not well known or recognized by alot of doctors. Thank you Dr. Ray..you will never be forgotten.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr. Ray herself dimissed my two sons from her practice after years of seeing her. She told my 12 year old he was going to get twelve shots. He was terrified and ran out of the room and into the restroom. They tried picking the lock and was telling him to let go of the door handle, which he was not holding. The lock was messed up and they sent me a certified letter dismissing both of my children for my 12 year old being uncooperative (with good reason) and destruction of property (which they messed the lock up themselves). No doctor with good sense would tell a child something like that and expect no reaction. I am furious!!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

My son has been going to Dr. Rays office for about 6 yrs. We have never had a problem and they were very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Dr. Ray has been the doctor for our three children for over 10 years. We have always found her and her staff professional and caring.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

I really like the doctors in this office, however the nursing staff is unprofessional and uncaring. My child diserves better.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2006

OFFICE STAFF IS VERY RUDE

flag | Submitted March 20, 2006

Dr. Dorothy J. Ray's Credentials

• Univ Of South Al Coll Of Med, Mobile Al 36688 (Grad. 1987)