Ratings for Dr. John A. Racanelli

Dr. Racanelli basically rebuilt my left leg after I had a lateral tibial plateau fracture. This took place 10 years ago. I can play golf, walk, etc., I may have been lucky not to have lost my lower leg. I recommend Dr. Racanelli without question.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

In spite of repeated feedback concerning the location and nature of my injury/discomfort Dr. Racanelli INSISTED that my discomfort was due to a tear in my meniscus. Regardless of the fact that I had a visible meniscus tear . . the tear never bothered me at all; I was concerned about slipping and popping of the outside of my leg. He told me that the pain I felt was "radiated" pain and not an indication of where and the nature of my problem. I KNEW he was wrong but trusted his years of experience. Turns out that the issue wasn't my meniscus but my LCL . . I should have trusted my instincts. I work near minimum wage and even with insurance I'm angered that I had to pay the equivalent of 4 paychecks for a mistake.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I have seen Dr. Racanelli for an arthroscopic surgery, a tear in my achilles, and recently used him as a 2nd opinion on a total knee replacement (he doesn't perform these, but has thorough knowledge of them). As is always the case, I did not have to wait past my appointment time to see him, and his staff is terrific, welcoming, and treats you as a customer, not a number. He took the time to answer all my questions, something the first Orthopaedic Surgeon I saw did not, provided information I had not asked about that was important to consider, and provided me with references on additional surgeons to consider. He is knowledgeable, open, and a true professional in his craft. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

Dr. John A. Racanelli's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1987)