Ratings for Dr. Kelvin K. Ma

My husband had a stroke and Dr Ma just looks at him and says he is doing fine. Not! I've been to him for issues and he just says everything is fine. Not!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

Front desk lady was on her cell phone while i was waiting to get checked in. She is so old and needs to find a new job because every time i would call to make an appointment she would't understand what i needed and would cut me off. Dr. Ma was a waste of time and money. I went to him for having numbness on my face when i get a migraine. He told me to have an MRI which i did. He said everything was normal and that my numbness is normal and that meds would help and i would have to take meds my whole life. Who wants to live that way? ANd i don't think its normal to have horrible numbness in my cheeks of my face and my top teeth. He wouldn't listen to me or explain to me why i was having numbness just said thats what happens to you when you get one. I never went back to him and the meds don't work for me. I am still in pain every time i have a migraine. Don't waste your time with him. Go see someone else.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Does not listen. Already has a plan, which is just to prescribe drugs. If you have a problem with the drugs or any unpleasant side effects he will tell you that you just need to deal with it. He is unwilling to listen to any symptoms that don't fit within the diagnoses he has come up with. He lets insurance companies dictate what he will do to help. He misdiagnosed me because he dismissed my symptoms that didn't fit into his first diagnoses. I wasted a month of my life on unnecessary meds that made me sick and in extreme pain. He has no bedside manner and his practice is at least 20 years out of date. He seems to use a one size fits all approach.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Kelvin Ma is practicing with an outdated education and knowledge base!!! I had numbness and he told me I would probably need spinal surgery after having an MRI. Instead of needing spinal surgery, within walking in the door, he tole me I have Multiple Sclerosis and that I needed to "live life" now because I wouldn't be working in 5 years or walking in 10. Within 10 minutes he shattered my life, gave me no information about the disorder, and instead asked me to go back to the waiting room so that the nurse can set me up for medication. His tone that I was going to die and that my life was terminally degenerative. Dr. Ma HAS NOT kept up with the changing state of treatment for MS. MS is not fatal, it no longer means loss of employment, and only a small percentage end up immobilized. I would not trust him for any future treatment because he proves that he does not keep up with innovations or advancements. He is only going on his original trainings over a quarter of a century ago.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

After suffering a stroke, I saw Dr. Ma for an eval. He immediately stated that my vision issues were stroke related and told me more than likely had MS. He laughed at me when I explained my symptoms. I saw another specialist and was told the stroke was exactly where it would effect my vision. I have never been treated so insensitively or dismissively by a physician before. I would never recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

I had some testing done by Dr Ma and after the test he told me there was nothing wrong and if I could get my doctor to believe me that there was someting wrong good luck. After a year of on going pain I was sent to a specialist who immediatly did surgery but the damage had already been done. I have perment nerve damage in my arm.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Ive never been so pleased with a Doctor and his staff as I am with Dr. Ma. After seeing numerous Drs. for pain relief from excruciating migraines with no results..Dr. Ma was the only Dr. that was determined to find relief for me. Ive been free of migraines for years now...Thankyou Dr. Ma! I would recommend you to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr. Kelvin K. Ma's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Puyallup, WA