Ratings for Dr. Theodore B. Lygas

He is excellent at his craft, however bedside manner is deplorable. Speaks to you as if you are mentally inferior, does not appreciate your questions. Glad the surgery was a success, which is the most important fact.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

So unhappy with this insensitive mans attitude I would NEVER recommend him to anyone. Received my report on a Friday and when I wanted to see the report on Monday he got nasty and told me not to return. I guess my CANCER interfered with his life. Horrible excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I never met the man, but I needed a BIOPSY ASAP and made the appointment. MY Insurance told I had to pay CO Pay of $195 for my procedure... but Lygas wanted $1,000 deductible that was not met paid to him up front. My insurance company does not work that way but said it was the doctors policy. When I told them I did not have 1,000 to pay upfront and if they could help me out. they cancelled my appointment and the biopsy was suppose to be that same day. That to me made it sound this man is not interested in saving lives. Just money even though my insurance company would of paid their part later and the difference of what I had to pay.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Patient's update
I did get an appointment with another SURGENON who was recommended by a NURSE. This surgeon was in my network Insurance plan. and they did not take 1,000 deductible up front. :)

Submitted March 1, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. HE TOLD ME I HAD BREAST CANCER BEFORE HE EVEN DID A BIOPSY. TURNS OUT I DIDNT. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL .

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

Dr. Lygas was recommended to me years ago. His belief in early detection & doing a bioposy of suspicious areas to have a sure diagnosis is one of the reasons he is so successful. The staff helps make everything so easy.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

GET A SECOND OPINION BEFORE YOU LET HIM CUT YOU . Don't fell that just because he is your Dr he is doing the right thing by you. He scheduled surgery for me wout taking a biopsy or other tests such as MRI of breast. Went to 2 other dr for opinions & after another mamo & ultrasound, & mri both said I DID NOT NEED SURGERY at all. There was nothing there to be taken out!!! He was my surgeon at one time, but I do not trust him at all. GET A SECOND OPINION BEFORE YOU LET HIM DO SURGERY ON YOU. SURGERY SHOULD BE THE LAST RESORT, NOT THE FIRST

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

TOP NOTCH! Caring and knowledgeable...great follow-up. HIGHLY recommend. Great staff too!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Theodore B. Lygas's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1973)

Amerigroup