Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Champine

He has replaced both ofmy hips. Couldn't ask for better experiences. Very satisfied with both him and the PA working with him.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Great doctor--knowledgable and nice. Wonderful, caring staff. Very professional! Dr Champine replaced my hip and so far it is wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

He did my knee replacement in 2013 and it's better than the knee I was born with! VERY PLEASED!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr champine did a knee replacement in 2013. I'd had a tibial plateau fracture in1996 and could barely walk when I went in for my total knee replacement. Of course there was pain and recovery time but I breezed they it thanks to his expertise. Today I'm able to do everything, even crawl around on my tile floors to clean if necessary. No pain whatsoever. He's amazing and his staff is wonderful and knowledgeable. I am now at 150% thanks to Dr. Champine!! Would HIGHLY recommend him. He's been on Dallas' best doctors (voted by his peers) for a reason!! He's the best!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr. Champine misdiagnosed my pain source and unnecessarily replaced my hip at just a little over 40 years old. (3 other surgeons have told me it was never necessary) From the time I woke up in the hospital, my pain exacerbated to a 10/10 because of many issues from the surgery, including multiple nerve impingements. At the 6-week appt post replacement, Dr. Champine didn't even examine my hip or watch my gait. At the 3-month appt, I told him that life was miserable due to the pain and he didn't offer any options. No tests. No alternatives. Just said it didn't work in 3% of patients. He acted angry that his 'handiwork' resulted in extreme pain for me. Horrible bedside manner. After 16 months, another surgeon had to go in to fix his work. Some of his colleagues are great, but I would never send anyone to endure a potential surgical nightmare from Champine.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I had complete knee replacement with Dr. Champine in Sept 2011 and everything has been wonderful. The surgery went great, he and his staff took great care of me, and my recoverly has gone smoothly. A friend referred me to Dr. Champine and I am gladly going to refer him to others. He is awesome!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Champine's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1988)