Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Weiss

Dr. Weiss told me personally that she could accept my insurance and that they were going to cover it. I went to her office and did the series of testing. Approximately, 6 months later I received a bill for the testing. I contacted the billing office and explained to them that Dr. Weiss told me personally that my insurance would cover the testing. They told me they would contact Dr. Weiss to clear things up. They called me back and told me that the insurance does not cover it and that Dr. Weiss is willing to take $200 off of the bill. I told them that was not acceptable and I wanted to dispute the charges since I was told by her personally that it was covered. Dr. Weiss ignored my dispute and ended up sending my bill to collections. Now my bill is in collections and they are charging me over $300 interest on the bill. It has all affected my credit. I have nowhere to go except to continue to dispute these charges and to let everyone know my situation. Be cautious in choosing Dr. Weiss.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012