Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Weintraub

After tearing my acl the doctor told me that I needed full range of motion before surgery. I was in tears trying to bend my knee weeks up to my appointment with him. I would go into the bathroom, my back to the mirror, and prop my knee up on the counter and try to crouch down so I would force my knee to bend. I was only 18 and when I walked in and showed him how far I thought I had progressed, he yelled at me that I didn’t try hard enough and told me to get on the bed. He grabbed my ankle and pushed it back towards my but so my knee would bend. I was in excruciating pain and said “no no no!!” And he literally said “you don’t tell me what to do!”. He started forcing my knee to bend again and my acl was caught in between the joint... and he tore it in half by doing this! My leg flailed up in the air on its own and hit the table...on its own! He then let go, put his hands in the air and said defensively “I don’t know what that was”. I had a friend in the room the whole time and he looked on in shock. The dr then asked me if I would like an ice pack. I was in so much pain that I couldn’t speak between my tears and labored breathing. I was only 18 and at the time just wanted my knee to get better so I went back to him for the surgery. This was in 2005... it is now 2018 and I still can not kneel on that knee!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018