Ratings for Dr. Peter R. Dottino

Dr dottino took me from stage 4 to cured. He is brilliant, kind and compassionate. He is seriously interested in finding cures. Nobody better.

Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Peter Dottino removed 2 large benign tumors, an ovary and my fallopian tubes and did a D&C. He is talented and precise when using laparoscopic surgery to get large ovarian tumors out. He is seriously smart AND compassionate. I was so lucky my sister in law referred him. I HIGHLY recommend him...he is brilliant.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Am appalled at some of the negative reviews. A private doctor most likely will not take insurance these days due to massive changes which Congress voted in so can't blame the doctor. He tries his best and is on top of each case. Am over 65 and was not dismissed as a patient and know for a fact that if someone really cannot afford to pay , he will treat you anyway. The question is if some of the people with the negative comments perhaps have too many questions and don't trust this messenger from G-d and therefore you feel the way you do and comment badly.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Very bad experience with deceitful information resulting in unnecessary surgery, which went very badly. Beware of this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr Dottino is one of the only doctors I truly trust. He is brilliant & extremely knowledgable. He helped me tremendously in a very calm, reassuring way & was patient with my concerns and questions. He performed laparoscopy on me with no complications & I am grateful to have him in my life. If I need any recommendations or have any questions I always hear back. His staff is rude & not the nicest but he is just incredible. Best doctor! Couldn't say it again.

Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Dottino is the most dedicated, most caring and compassionate physician I have ever dealt with. I have been going to him for over 28 years and he has kept me healthy. I am not a case number; I am a living, breathing person to him and he never rushes me through my appointment. In fact, he will spend as much time as necessary to make sure I totally understand. Back in 1987 when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and scared to death, I went to him for a second opinion. A hysterectomy had been recommended and I was still in my child bearing years and wanted a family. Back in the day before cell phones, this doctor called me from the airport on his way to vacation to tell me that he reviewed my case and, with monitoring, everything would work out fine. And it did....28 years later, I still have all of the organs God gave me. In recent years, my own daughter experienced the same scare and Dr. Dottino took care of her, too. If you are dealing with a gynecological cancer, this is the person to see for your physical, mental and emotional well-being. He truly exemplifies what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

The very best at what he does. Professional, available to speak to you anytime...and most compassionate.

Submitted February 16, 2015

In 1992, Dr Dottino operated on me for uterine cancer.....at that time, he was the most wonderful, kind, thoughtful dr. I had ever been to.....however, when I returned in 2011, I never met anyone as rude, I'll tempered and unkind as he was.....I hope and pray that I NEVER have to be seen by him again....I was shocked and embarrassed and swore that I would not go to him again and would never recommend him to anyone else....very very sad.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Don't get old with Dr. Dottino...he'll drop you like a hot potato when you turn 65 and provide you with no name of another Dr. who takes Medicare.....His office manager is not interested in the idea that after 25 years being a patient you might need a referral. UGH...who does that?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Dottino unquestionably saved my life. He operated on me during an emergency caesarean hysterectomy, which was complicated by eight pounds of fibroids in my uterus, and following a blood clot, pre-eclampsia, and finally a placental abruption that caused a massive hemorrhage. My daughter was born three months early but is thriving now. The post-operative care was exceptional. Many other doctors at Mt Sinai clearly stated to me that Dr. Dottino's skill saved my life, and I have no doubt that it did. Plus he was warm and professional during all of our interactions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Peter R. Dottino's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1979)

MSP/BC Med