Ratings for Dr. Peter R. Dottino

Am appalled at some of the negative reviews. A private doctor most likely will not take insurance these days due to massive changes which Congress voted in so can't blame the doctor. He tries his best and is on top of each case. Am over 65 and was not dismissed as a patient and know for a fact that if someone really cannot afford to pay , he will treat you anyway. The question is if some of the people with the negative comments perhaps have too many questions and don't trust this messenger from G-d and therefore you feel the way you do and comment badly.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Very bad experience with deceitful information resulting in unnecessary surgery, which went very badly. Beware of this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr Dottino is one of the only doctors I truly trust. He is brilliant & extremely knowledgable. He helped me tremendously in a very calm, reassuring way & was patient with my concerns and questions. He performed laparoscopy on me with no complications & I am grateful to have him in my life. If I need any recommendations or have any questions I always hear back. His staff is rude & not the nicest but he is just incredible. Best doctor! Couldn't say it again.

Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Dottino is the most dedicated, most caring and compassionate physician I have ever dealt with. I have been going to him for over 28 years and he has kept me healthy. I am not a case number; I am a living, breathing person to him and he never rushes me through my appointment. In fact, he will spend as much time as necessary to make sure I totally understand. Back in 1987 when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and scared to death, I went to him for a second opinion. A hysterectomy had been recommended and I was still in my child bearing years and wanted a family. Back in the day before cell phones, this doctor called me from the airport on his way to vacation to tell me that he reviewed my case and, with monitoring, everything would work out fine. And it did....28 years later, I still have all of the organs God gave me. In recent years, my own daughter experienced the same scare and Dr. Dottino took care of her, too. If you are dealing with a gynecological cancer, this is the person to see for your physical, mental and emotional well-being. He truly exemplifies what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

The very best at what he does. Professional, available to speak to you anytime...and most compassionate.

Submitted February 16, 2015

In 1992, Dr Dottino operated on me for uterine cancer.....at that time, he was the most wonderful, kind, thoughtful dr. I had ever been to.....however, when I returned in 2011, I never met anyone as rude, I'll tempered and unkind as he was.....I hope and pray that I NEVER have to be seen by him again....I was shocked and embarrassed and swore that I would not go to him again and would never recommend him to anyone else....very very sad.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Don't get old with Dr. Dottino...he'll drop you like a hot potato when you turn 65 and provide you with no name of another Dr. who takes Medicare.....His office manager is not interested in the idea that after 25 years being a patient you might need a referral. UGH...who does that?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Dottino unquestionably saved my life. He operated on me during an emergency caesarean hysterectomy, which was complicated by eight pounds of fibroids in my uterus, and following a blood clot, pre-eclampsia, and finally a placental abruption that caused a massive hemorrhage. My daughter was born three months early but is thriving now. The post-operative care was exceptional. Many other doctors at Mt Sinai clearly stated to me that Dr. Dottino's skill saved my life, and I have no doubt that it did. Plus he was warm and professional during all of our interactions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Whatever I say about Dr, Dottino is never going to be enough. Ten years ago July, he performed a surgery that saved my life. His expertise as a surgeon is unparalleled, but even more compelling is the genuine warmth and compassion that Dr Dottino extends to his patients. Like all cancer patients, I was frightened and although he was upfront about my prognosis( which at first was not so favorable), he always made me feel reassured safe and positive under his treatment. Many years later, no matter when I have a question, he is quick to return my calls and give me guidance with the same level of patience and caring. Dr. Dottino is probably one of the most highly acclaimed physicians in the world and yet he is a humble doctor who when thanked always remembers to say "Don't thank me, thank God". I will remain forever grateful to Dr. Dottino.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

The best doctor...brilliant, compassionate and really gets to know the patient. I had an unidentified mass on my ovary (also two large fibroids) and my gynecologist insisted that I needed a full hysterectomy (non-negotiable were her words). After reviewing my tests, Dr. Dottino told me that he did not see anything that warranted a hysterectomy. He gave me options..continue to watch and test it (MRI), go in with a laparoscopy to see if there was anything suspicious or remove and test the ovary. After years of watching it (with little change in size or appearance) my gynecologist continued to insist that I have a hysterectomy (suggesting this could be cancer). I received differing opinions from other doctors, so I chose to remove and test the ovary. Dottino assured me that he did not feel the unidentified mass was cancer, but agreed to remove it, tested it and finally identify it. Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing and THANKS to Dr. Dottino I did NOT need a hysterectomy.

Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Peter R. Dottino's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1979)

Champ Va