Ratings for Dr. Daniel R. Weininger

I went to Dr. Weininger a few years back for an oral exam. I had a cavity on my molar and so I requested a composite rather than a metal filling. He did the composite but didn't do it correctly because it wasn't sealed and was giving me pain. I went back in to have it corrected and he said he would do it again but it is difficult to do a composite on the back teeth and that if this one didn't stick then he would do a metal filling. I said no, I don't want a metal filling, and he curtly replied "I don't know what vodoo magazine you have been reading, but there is no evidence that metal fillings are bad." Very unprofessional, disrespectful and rude. The hygienist was standing right there and had a nervous "uh oh here he goes again" look on her face, so I can assume he is this arrogant to a lot of patients. Regardless of his opinion, you don't talk to a patient like that. So since it is my mouth and I say what goes in it, and since he apparently could not perform a routine composite, I found another dentist who was sensitive to my aesthetic needs, didn't give me an "I'm the doctor so what I say goes and your opinion is irrelevant" attitude, and who takes his time to do dental procedures correctly. Haven't been back to that office since.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014