Ratings for Dr. Karen X. Thampoe

I have nothing but raves for Dr. Thampoe and the entire office. As an emergency, first time patient, my experience was wonderful. I was given an immediate appointment and was seen early in the morning. Dr. Thampoe's attention to detail and her quick, accurate diagnosis was much appreciated. She took numerous tests in office with fast results. Her bedside manner was wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

What was supposed to be a standard annual physical turned into $14,000 worth of unnecessary and fraudulent lab bills and duplicate office visit bills. She sent my blood and urine to several diagnostic clinics and had me tested for heroin and cocaine and all sorts of things. Total billings were close to $14,000. I have filed a fraud case with Aetna and she is red-flagged. Do not go to this person.

Submitted September 17, 2016

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. This doctor runs unnecessary tests without explanations, You will be charged with a BIG bill. She saw me only 5 seconds for follow-up and she did not even sit down! HORRIBLE bedside manner. THIS doctor wants just money NOT taking care of you!

Submitted June 15, 2016

Unnecessary procedures ordered, staff is slow taking care of paperwork, overall frustrating year at this office.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Amazing in my perspective. In my opinion she is the best rotor I've seen yet Dr. Thampoe is always there for you.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Do not go here! There was a live cockroach in the room when my husband had a visit. She kept him waiting for over an hour to check bp on many occasions. I have no faith in her medical abilities. Additionally, I just got a bill from her for a physical, even though I have not seen her in years since she is a flake. The last straw was when I was having issues with inflammation in my eye, she came into the room, did not washer her hands, or put on gloves and touched around my eye. As always she prescribed antibiotics.

Submitted May 21, 2014

The staff is very unprofessional and rude. They don't track your payment. They double charged me and said that I didn't pay for the first payment for the treatment I had. The accounting person said that the former one who was handling left and I could fax the bank statement IF I WANTED. No apology. It has been over 3 months and I haven't gotten my money back. I don't have much complaint on the doctor except for being late all the time. I don't think I will go back there again.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

She is such wonderful doctor, she answered all my questions, and she really cares about her patients

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Don't go here. Long wait long wait dr always tries to inject steroid shots and antibiotics every time I come in as well as other patients I have talked to I refused why does she always keep insisting shots?! She is all over the place when speaking in and out does not say what's happening waited over 2 hours got 3 mins check.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

My Mom(87)had a stroke.After hospital she was sent to Katy Rehab for Therapys. Dr. Thampoe was her attendieng Physician so we felt that my Mom should go to her for her follow up once discharged.Her first appt.was to be at 1015a. Since we pay for a caregiver to take my Mom we explained the need for the Dr. to be on time. My Mom left very late. The next vist a very knowledgable family member went with my Mom. Dr. Thampoe wrote dupe meds and none for the ones needed. She also took my mom off of her BP meds and her Thyroid meds which she NEEDED.The next time my Mom went on Dr. Thampoes request to go over blood work she asked my Mom what she was doing there. My Mom said that she was wearing ripped jeans and a tank top. We wanted to stop the insanity but needed to stick with her as my Mom needed more Therapy. The last time my Mom went to see her she said Dr. Thampoe was BAREFOOTED. ??? When forms were filled out for my Mom's furher therapy they we all wrong.Call me crazy but this Doc needs help

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013