Ratings for Dr. Karen X. Thampoe

She did the same thing to my wife. Ordered a drug test that was very expense that she never asked for. Other unnecessary tests were also performed. Pure scam. She needs to be reported to the Attorney General of Texas

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Fraud. I called to be seen by another doctor Dr. Thai Hoang Bui located at that practice according to the Aetna website for a standard annual physical. When I went in the doctor was said to be a hospitalist and doesn't actually practice there. Then they placed me to see Dr. Thampoe. I was rushed throughout the entire process without any explanation of what labs/tests we were doing. She spent less than 5 minutes with me. Now I'm receiving bills for unneccesary tests (like a drug test) well over thousands of dollars. Aetna says I'm responsible for them because the doctor ordered these tests. This is insane. I'm still waiting for all the bills to come in.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I have nothing but raves for Dr. Thampoe and the entire office. As an emergency, first time patient, my experience was wonderful. I was given an immediate appointment and was seen early in the morning. Dr. Thampoe's attention to detail and her quick, accurate diagnosis was much appreciated. She took numerous tests in office with fast results. Her bedside manner was wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

What was supposed to be a standard annual physical turned into $14,000 worth of unnecessary and fraudulent lab bills and duplicate office visit bills. She sent my blood and urine to several diagnostic clinics and had me tested for heroin and cocaine and all sorts of things. Total billings were close to $14,000. I have filed a fraud case with Aetna and she is red-flagged. Do not go to this person.

Submitted September 17, 2016

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. This doctor runs unnecessary tests without explanations, You will be charged with a BIG bill. She saw me only 5 seconds for follow-up and she did not even sit down! HORRIBLE bedside manner. THIS doctor wants just money NOT taking care of you!

Submitted June 15, 2016

Unnecessary procedures ordered, staff is slow taking care of paperwork, overall frustrating year at this office.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Amazing in my perspective. In my opinion she is the best rotor I've seen yet Dr. Thampoe is always there for you.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

Do not go here! There was a live cockroach in the room when my husband had a visit. She kept him waiting for over an hour to check bp on many occasions. I have no faith in her medical abilities. Additionally, I just got a bill from her for a physical, even though I have not seen her in years since she is a flake. The last straw was when I was having issues with inflammation in my eye, she came into the room, did not washer her hands, or put on gloves and touched around my eye. As always she prescribed antibiotics.

Submitted May 21, 2014

The staff is very unprofessional and rude. They don't track your payment. They double charged me and said that I didn't pay for the first payment for the treatment I had. The accounting person said that the former one who was handling left and I could fax the bank statement IF I WANTED. No apology. It has been over 3 months and I haven't gotten my money back. I don't have much complaint on the doctor except for being late all the time. I don't think I will go back there again.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

She is such wonderful doctor, she answered all my questions, and she really cares about her patients

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014