Ratings for Dr. Dorene E. Dempster

Was not connected with a OB doctor when I became pregnant. I miscarried very early in the pregnancy. I saw Dr. Dumpster. I found her to be very matter of fact, uncompassionate and very abrupt. I called the office the next day with concerns of needing prophylactic medication for the Rh factor. I should have been advised that I needed it and she did mot even mention it. She was out of town and I had to see another doctor. It's years later. And I still have not forgotten how belittled she made me feel, and her lack of compassion added to the grief I felt losing my baby.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I saw this doctor as a new mother with a very common medical condition related to breastfeeding called mastitis. The reason for seeking a new doctor was that my current doctor did not support breastfeeding mothers and since I was pregnant she kept giving me formula samples. After giving birth, it was evident that this doctor did not seem well-placed as an ob-gyn. I did not find what I was looking for with Dr. Dempster either. I found her to be hostile, belittling, and spacey. She would say one thing and do another, and do one thing and say she did something when she had not. I got the impression that she covers her incompetence and errors with false information. I later found out from a university hospital that I was taught unlatching my baby incorrectly and was not given proper breastfeeding instructions (even though I took the breastfeeding class, it is VERY sad how little doctors in SB or GB know about breastfeeding). People like her do not come into this small community to be a leader and help others flourish, they come to dominate and exert their power, and "get off" on being cruel to others, including the most vulnerable in society, like young women or pregnant women. I do not recommend this doctor or getting medical care from this hospital. The hospital stands by their doctors and they do not even consider concerns the patient has about doctors like her.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Dempster saw my eighteen-year-old daughter, still in high school, in the ER. My daughter had an ovarian cyst that had torqued and was causing pain. It eventually flipped back and she was no longer in pain. Dr. Dempster still insisted on surgery and stood between me and my child and told her not to listen to me when I asked questions. When I advised her that we planned to leave the hospital and would be seeing my own usual GYN, she INSTANTLY changed her mind and said that the surgery was not needed, and told my daughter to go home and follow up in two weeks. My daughter was immediately seen by my physician, who did not perform surgery, and said that my daughter would likely have lost her ovary in the process, unnecessarily. Further, young women who produce cysts tend to produce more, and leaving her with only one ovary would have not only resulted in a surgery that did not need to happen, but also potentially threaten her fertility. Dr. Dempster is rude, cavalier, and incompetent.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

Dr. Dorene E. Dempster's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal